Master Cylinder to firewall question

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
Manual system on the 67 Dart. Is there any gasket between the Master and the firewall? I don't have anything and always have a small sliver of the firewall opening visible on top when the Master is bolted up.

You might check with Detroit Muscle Technologies. They make about every body gasket you can think of. I just looked for you, but didn't see anything on their website for master cylinder gasket. Might be worth emailing them though if it's a simple foam gasket.

It was still worth checking though as I found they have silver overlay decals for consoles. The chrome is nice on mine, but the matte silver is looking rough. I was having a hard time justifying the $600+ cost of a new one. $30 for the overlay is worth checking out though!

Sorry,... Back to your gaskets,.... I bought the exterior body gasket kit and the firewall gasket kit for my Charger from them. They seem to be pretty good to deal with. As I said,... I'd send them an email and see if they offer something, or could whip something up for you.

Lay a thin bead of silicone on it and let it fully cure. Then install. It's like having an o-ring

Made my own gasket to hold the M/C boot. Made it from a laundry bottle.

20180614_191934.jpg

It's the same as the factory piece. But the don't make that either anymore. It's some type of nylon or plastic? So I used a laundry bottle. Boot goes thru the gasket to hold it in place.

20180612_200343.jpg

It cuts with a exacto knife. Traced it out on the back side of M/C. Any thick plastic bottle will work.

It's the same as the factory piece. But the don't make that either anymore. It's some type of nylon or plastic? So I used a laundry bottle. Boot goes thru the gasket to hold it in place.

View attachment 1715225798
Hey 72, used your idea today and it worked like a charm. Gasket made and as you said, the price is right! $0.00
Thanks for the tip.

-
Back