'Match Race 1969' 440 'Cuda vs 440 'Six-Barrel' Road Runner

-
M Baird,

That is moving with that Charger,,,,,,but isn't that a 1969 Charger in the driveway.

As for the 1969 440 'Six-Barrel' or 'Six-Pack' , the Edelbrock Aluminum Intake is
damn near the height of a low-profile Tunnel Ram.

A beautiful piece of engineering.

I don't think so ? The Original Bill of Sale , original window sticker , Build sheet , VIN tag and data plate say it is a 70. Not to mention it was my first car and I knew the original owner....still have the #s matching motor and trany sitting in my garage.

Besides , it has a full lop bumper. dead giveaway.

Thanks for the compliment...but I can't take credit for the ET's. the motor was built and belongs to my buddy Kevin Braden. A local savant when it comes to Mopars...6 paks being his forte....

im not worried about losing to a six barrel roadrunner id be happy if mine was at was least driving down the road

Attachments

• 69m1 (Copy).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 234
ED,

Weight Distribution wise, the 1969 Road Runner 440 'Six-Barrel'
or 1969 Super Bee 'Six-Pack' had it all over the 69' 440 'Cuda.

Nose weight was almost equal, but the B-Body had 'Oodles' of more weight
over the rear-end {+238 lbs.}

Plus the B-Body had a more solid sub-frame.

I likened the the launch of our 69' 440 'Cuda = Like the twisting of a contorsionist at
a Circus Side Show.

sigpic154_1.gif

I am so screwed for traction. I have a notch, lighter rear, that is getting an iron headed 440. Lol!

Ill just have to make the wife ride in trunk.

Ps: I sure hope the wifi signal reaches me in the doghouse!

ED,

1969 440 'Cuda 'Fastback'

Shipping Weight = #3279 lbs.

Here is what was 'thought out loud' by Plymouth Racing, but it never
made it to Product Planning.

A) Trunk Mounted Heavy-Duty Battery {135 Amp Battery= 59 lbs.}

Took 22 lbs. of weight {Standard-sized Battery} off the front left engine compartment,
and put 59 lbs. over the right rear wheel where it was needed.

Added +37 lbs. of weight
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B} Edelbrock Aluminum Intake Manifold

Saved an additional 22 lbs. off the Engine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C} Fiberglass Hood {22 lbs.} mounted to the conventional hood hinge assembly.

Saved {32 lbs.} over the 54 lb. steel hood
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D} Overall weight change {-17 lbs.}

Put the 69' 440 'Cuda at #3262 lbs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E} Make the 'faux' Hood Scoop units functional, with an under hood fresh-air intake unit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F} Bump up the Camshaft Specifications to the next range, or utilize a Holley 800 CFM carburetor.

Rate the 1969 'M-Code 440 'Cuda '440 Special' at 380 Horsepower

#3262 lbs. ~ 380 HP = 8.58 Wt/Hp = C/SA {8.50 to 8.99 Wt/Hp}

-
Back