Matching ext of paint.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
MY hood is at the body shop,the body man says he has a device that can match the paint,not sure whats its called and can i trust it.Have no choice,this goes back to WORST BODY JOB EVER REMEMBER IT.When it was time to tell the body man the paint coad,he got it.He however painted under the hood ,door jabs inside trunk,witch i did not want him to do ,I wanted it done at the same time at a shop that had a drown draft booth, not some back yard shop ,after the shop that had what I wanted painted the outside,it did not match was darker.I ask what coad they used they said what Bob gave us ya right,they gave me the left over,see there is the coad right on the can ,i got pissed and fought over this, I lost:wack: Bob work doing side jobs on at his shop, but work for the paint shop witch is well known so what is the chance my new shop will match. Sorry so long.

All depends on how faded your paint is. When was it painted initially? Does it sit outside in the sun? If ya got the same coad (oh, paint code) it should match. I changed hoods like you're doing and it matched perfectly using the same paint coad.

How can you shoot the underside of the hood completely when its mounted? Normal process is to paint the underside of the hood, then top, then mount it.

All depends on how faded your paint is. When was it painted initially? Does it sit outside in the sun? If ya got the same coad (oh, paint code) it should match. I changed hoods like you're doing and it matched perfectly using the same paint coad.

How can you shoot the underside of the hood completely when its mounted? Normal process is to paint the underside of the hood, then top, then mount it.

Thanks for the help,it was painted 2010 and is garage kept,sees sun very little,base clear.AS for the paint coad I sprayed under neigh myself.I gave Bob the paint coad, he paint the areas i did not want him to touch,i think he thought i forgot i wanted it at a down draft back booth,went ahead.What he used was the colour i wanted.WHEN it was time to shoot the body,well it was darker did not match under the hood and so on.I think they screwed up.

-
Back