Max tire width

-

ham_r_down01

Is Freak Nasty
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Im looking to put a set of stickys on my car. I was searching but couldnt find exactly what i was looking for.

I have a 69 Dart with an a body 8 3/4, stock width and location. Im planning on using some cop car wheels. I was wondering what fits with out too much rubbing. Im not too concerned with the wheel lips because the car is no cherry. I would do the whole hemi dart sawzall bit but i dont wanna look too Joe Dirt..:mrgreen: I just dont want to order a set of tires and them not fit.

Heres what im looking at.... M/T E.T. Street Radials

P255/60/15---27/10.50/15---10.1 Wide Sidewall---9 Wide Tread---27.1 Tall

Thanks in advance
Billt

A 10.5 tire will not fit in the stock config. Perhaps the offset shackle kit would work w/the correct wheel b/s.

with the right off set rim a 255 will fit. With the off set shackle kit and the right off set rim a 275 will fit.

Im running 275/60/15s on mopar cop rims on an A body 8 3/4 on the stock spring location but, thats on my 73 dart. Cant see why it wouldn't be close or the same for your application though.

IMG_1226.jpg

Im running 275/60/15s on mopar cop rims on an A body 8 3/4 on the stock spring location but, thats on my 73 dart. Cant see why it wouldn't be close or the same for your application though.

IMG_1226.jpg

Badass.. As long as the wheel openings are the same, I dont see why it would be any different. Worst case scenario ill bust out the angle grinder with a tiger paw and just knock it back some.

Id have to measure them monday, but i heard they are like 4"

Thats the look i am going for . so what is the B/S on your rims. and does it rub any????

IMG_1226.jpg

Are you running super stock springs or spring with higher arch than stock.

My 68 Dart is real close with some rubbing in and out with 245/60/15 and 15x7 rims that are 4.25" backspace. BUT the rear springs are shot and the car sit too low.

My 68 Dart is real close with some rubbing in and out with 245/60/15 and 15x7 rims that are 4.25" backspace. BUT the rear springs are shot and the car sit too low.[/QUOTE]

Springs will not correct the rubbing. The 245 tire will run w/the 4.5" b/s. A 235/60/15 fits like a glove w/the stock location.

Are you running super stock springs or spring with higher arch than stock.

My 68 Dart is real close with some rubbing in and out with 245/60/15 and 15x7 rims that are 4.25" backspace. BUT the rear springs are shot and the car sit too low.

My springs are newish stock springs. I do have those stupid adjustable shackles but they are on the closest hole to the frame. So they should be darn close to how stock ones would sit.

Also another interesting tidbit here. When i had the 7 1/4 rear end in the car these wheels hit the spring. I put the 8 3/4 a body rear in the car and now they don't hit the spring. I'm glad luck was on my side for a change.

My springs are newish stock springs. I do have those stupid adjustable shackles but they are on the closest hole to the frame. So they should be darn close to how stock ones would sit.

Also another interesting tidbit here. When i had the 7 1/4 rear end in the car these wheels hit the spring. I put the 8 3/4 a body rear in the car and now they don't hit the spring. I'm glad luck was on my side for a change.
SirDan....Have you had to roll the fenders?

-
Back