May we never forget.....

-
Big special on the History Channel

Watching it....hard to see and brings a tear to my eyes....but happy to see t on tv as a reminder of what happened...takes me right back to that day.

The National Geo channel also has some specials about that day.

9/11/2001
Never Forget the victims or our heroes that responded so quickly to this tragedy.
Never Forgive those who would bring harm to this great country

My flag has flown since that day!

My thanks and respect to all who serve and have served (military, police, fire, all of you)!

God Bless America!!!

On 8/14/15 for the first time, my wife and I drove out to the Flight 93 memorial. It was an eerie experience. I felt so sad for those people. As far as forgetting, our government has forgotten. Since 2009, America has been incredibly WEAK on terrorism. Something will happen in the future which will be even worse.

So we let more muslims in

Save that for the N&P forum please, I happen to be one. 38 innocent muslims working at the World Trade Center and also a couple who were passengers on the planes were killed in this terror attack, let's not forget that either.

I was in 5th grade living in State College, PA when it happened. Got off the bus coming home from school and my best friend's mom came running up to us saying what happened, of course being 11 years old I was confused and didn't really get it. I got home and my grandma and mom had the radio on as we didn't have cable TV at the time. They both had tears in their eyes, my mom explained what was going on and while still being confused and unable to comprehend the severity of it I remember going outside and sitting in our backyard on the swingset for a very long time trying to wrap my head around why someone would do this. Later that day another friend of mine and his mom came knocking on our door crying, telling us if we ever need help with anything she would be there for us; mind you my mom is a convert and wears the head-scarf and all my friends knew my family was muslim. As you can imagine my mom was scared to go out in public for a while but that town is home to the PSU campus which is very diverse and luckily there were only one or two times she got followed and tailgated by angry creeps driving around. Not to mention every time after that day when I met someone new my age and told them I was Muslim (due to my name) they'd ask "Oh are you a terrorist then?" :???: Took a while to get used to that.

MOPEkidD-3, Unfortunately, the non radical Muslims likes yourself, Do not do nearly enough to "out" the radical ones.

MOPEkidD-3, Unfortunately, the non radical Muslims likes yourself, Do not do nearly enough to "out" the radical ones.

I'm not at liberty to discuss that here, this thread is about remembering a national tragedy not arguing religion. If we start down that road I guarantee it will be closed or booted to N&P and I don't see a reason that should happen. Not to mention it would be disrespectful to those discussing it here.

Let's just continue on with our stories and remembrance of our fallen heroes.

this statement is not my view on religion or politics.
maybe non radicvsl Muslins as a group need to be more pro active to educate the "rest " of the population , what they stand for, not in regard explaining their religion but what they stand for as immigrant Americans? and what they can do to eliminate the bad ones?

in Syria, the populous is freeing by the many thousands. should these people not find a way to roust the a------ in control and take back their part of the world.

I agree , our control is not as safe as it should be. when the chief started whinning about G mo, we should know there is a problem??

YES, we need to always remember the thousands of innocent souls that lost their lives, family, and sanity that horrible day. IMO

-
Back