maybe a BB is in my future.

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
met a fellow MOPAR guy tonight. Running a blown440 DART sweet ride. He says he may have a 440 for me. He knows a guy who has a 440 that he started to build, fresh block 10.5 to 1 pistons new rods and fresh ground crank, performer intake . This was a fresh build that was never fired. thinks there was something wrong with the cam bearings and that cam wasnt set up right. He garanteed that all the parts are new abnd straight. Said the motor is worth about 2K or better but he could get it for 1K what do yall think. Should I go for it. If so the 340 goes in the Dart and the 440 in the Duster.

I that the blown 440 that Joe was talking about? 1K wouldn't be too bad if everything is fresh with forged pistons. Have Joe check it out, maybe he did the work on it :wink: It might be cheaper to go that route than to build the 360 out of the Cordoba. At least you won't have to pull everything out of the Cordoba and then try to get rid of whats left.

thats what I was thinking, with any luck it would just need a new set of cam beariings and set it up. What do you think about just building the 318???

You could get the 318 to run pretty strong, but with all the options you have right now you need to decide what you want as an end product. The 440 sounds like a good deal and the 340 would be nice in the Dart.

you need to get your *** up here we have a motor to build and install. John sent me the mounts and the braket to make the change for the 340 so come on. lets get hot.

-
Back