Maybe the modern Dart is related to the real Darts?

-
The SRT 4 model is probably two years out from now. I ran in Ralph Giles at Carlisle and asked him about the SRT 4 Dart. He said the engine they want will not be available till then. He didn't elaborate on power but confirmed that they want north of 300 hp. Sounds promising.

The new Darts are the same as the old Darts.
Cheap reliable cars with some styling and gizmos. Only modern.
They are throw away cars just like the originals.

I the old darts are nice? My 69 swinger is nowhere as nice as my dads 66 charger. The dart were POS cars. Just about like the new ones. .

From the title I thought you were going to say the new ones were rusting sitting on the lot already.

You mean you guys don't wear rose colored glasses for all things past?

You mean you guys don't wear rose colored glasses for all things past?

No rose colored glasses here, i think they are a pretty good bang for the buck and always have been.
Funny thing, people complained about the new fangled electronic gadgets on the '70 Swinger. My father was a big one for that when they were new in 1970 and my brother wanted one. He wanted him to get something from the early '50s when they actually made good cars that you could work on yourself!
The more that things change, the more they stay the same i guess.:toothy10:
I would love to have a Coronet R/T, but i can only afford an a body for now.
I like my a bodies and all for what they are, but the Coronet was a better car to start with. I've had a few of them.

The Dart was a good but affordable compact car, and that's exactly what the new one is. They just build them for the time they're in, for the market they're in.

SRT-4 and more reliability might interest me 'down the road.' But for now, let them get used and see what happens.

I'm with you on this. As a mechanic I judge a car after the first 100k miles. Anything can be nice when new.

Here is my 2013 Dart 1.4lt turbo 6spd auto. 8.4in touchscreen radopr w/nav. Remote start.
IMAG0120_1_1_zps3b4b63ce.jpg

I get a lot of thumbs up from new Dart owners. Is that weird? I though that was a MINI thing. Yes, my previous car was an 07 MINI S. It put me in the poor house.

I think the new Darts look ok.

I like thr looks of the new darts but they just feel cheap(granted they are and so were the old ones). We went to look at them and test drove 1 and there is just too much road noise for me. We ended up getting a Chrysler 200 instead(for the same price) and haven't regreted it. Only down side is it doesn't get as good of milage as the dart. Don't get me wrong the new darts are good cars but it felt just about the same as our 09 kia spectra. I guess I just expevted more for the money when you can get fords cheap car (fiesta) for like 4k less :wack:

We got ours and it has the 1.4 turbo 6spd auto. 8.4in touchscreen stereo w/nav back up camera keyless remote start 18in hyper black wheels under 18k. I'm very happy with the car. There was a recall on the call and before we were getting 25 to 27 in town with a/c on. Now it's getting a little better after the retune. I did like the 200s with the V6 but the wife wanted the dart.
9373466939_a5dbabf7ef_z_zpsfa20a0dd.jpg

The Dart was a good but affordable compact car, and that's exactly what the new one is. They just build them for the time they're in, for the market they're in.

X2.

Modern cars ain't my cup o' tea, but it is well named. It's the low priced, compact Dodge, just like it was from '63-'76.

If they always did that, the current Charger would be called Polara!

I get a lot of thumbs up from new Dart owners. Is that weird? I though that was a MINI thing. Yes, my previous car was an 07 MINI S. It put me in the poor house.

I think the new Darts look ok.

no matter what you drive/ride...you always get tha thumbs up or the point at the ground from someone in similar stuff...

i think it's funny....drive my gfs wrangler and we always get waves from other jeeps,bike we always get a point to the road...i just point somewhere else..

I think dodge used the dart as the neon replacement. If they make it perform like the SRT neon it could be pretty cool! I've seen some new darts fixed up and they look good. Wouldn't be my very first choice for a compact but I sure wouldn't rule it out. Got my eye on the Genesis turbo coupe. Drove one and they get after it! Drove the 3.8L one that runs the quarter in 13.4 and it didn't seem at all faster.

We got ours and it has the 1.4 turbo 6spd auto. 8.4in touchscreen stereo w/nav back up camera keyless remote start 18in hyper black wheels under 18k. I'm very happy with the car. There was a recall on the call and before we were getting 25 to 27 in town with a/c on. Now it's getting a little better after the retune. I did like the 200s with the V6 but the wife wanted the dart.
9373466939_a5dbabf7ef_z_zpsfa20a0dd.jpg

Wow you got a deal on it. If we could have found 1 that nice for that price we would probably got 1. But all 18k would get us at our dealership was base engine no cruise and hubcaps. Got the 200 touring S 4cylinder for just under 19k
0429131612-1.jpg

Wow you got a deal on it. If we could have found 1 that nice for that price we would probably got 1. But all 18k would get us at our dealership was base engine no cruise and hubcaps. Got the 200 touring S 4cylinder for just under 19k
0429131612-1.jpg
This one was 25k sticker price. We never even had to fight to get the deal. My salesman may have not been the best salesman. But where he was good at was dealing with the sell itself. I low balled what I wanted and never thought when I told him I would get it. So we arrived at the dealership to do the deal and they were 8 bucks off. I signed right there and was very happy.

By the way your 200 looks good! She just wanted a dart to match mine or I would have looked at them more. I really thought we were going to get a Hemi charger when we went to look lol.

How does that make them related again? The only apples to apples comparison is the name...

This one was 25k sticker price. We never even had to fight to get the deal. My salesman may have not been the best salesman. But where he was good at was dealing with the sell itself. I low balled what I wanted and never thought when I told him I would get it. So we arrived at the dealership to do the deal and they were 8 bucks off. I signed right there and was very happy.
oh nice this is our first new car and had a tight payment range. The sticker on the 200 was around 25 aswell but they had a dealer promotion and a manufacturer instant rebate.

"By the way your 200 looks good! She just wanted a dart to match mine or I would have looked at them more. I really thought we were going to get a Hemi charger when we went to look lol."
Thanks! I love the color of your dart. Ya thats what mine originally wanted for the same reason well mines not a dart but a duster and a dart sport are close enough. But we noticed the price on the 200 and after the test drive she fell in love with it. Ya I wounder if your trick would of worked on that charger. Maybe I could get the name of your salesman lol

I think the big difference between the original dart and the new one is that people actually wanted to buy the original one.

-
Back