MBM rear disc brake wheel fitment problem.

-

MagnumBarracuda

Reaction score
I just installed the MBM small bolt pattern disc brake kit on my 8 3/4. I have 15in Rallye wheels but they hit the caliper in a way that even grinding a little bit would not help. Do these wheel not fit with the kit or did I do something wrong?

I'm sure they said somewhere they do not fit all rims. Read the fine print.

I just installed the same kit with 15x7 inch rally wheels and they hit the caliper also. I had to install longer wheel studs and a 3/16 inch wheel spacer.

1EC2029A-6984-42B3-A116-C4070EF49F40.jpeg

I just installed the same kit with 15x7 inch rally wheels and they hit the caliper also. I had to install longer wheel studs and a 3/16 inch wheel spacer.

View attachment 1715330061
Did you also grind some material off of the caliper and the guide rods? I grinded a fair amount of material and put 1/4 in worth of washers to see if it would clear. It was still hitting. I'm considering oe mopar steel wheels with dog dish. They look like they would have more clearance but I'm not sure.

Interesting... My driver side fits Fay better than the passenger. Haha quality control

Yes it was 5x4 bolt pattern. I got the spacers from amazon, they measure them in mm. It will be 5x100 mm.
Interesting. I've seen the 5 by 4 pattern measured as 5 by 101.6. Is 5 by 100mm the same as the 5 by 4? Basically do themy mean the same thing?

Grinding parts. Wheel spacers. Cutting down Wheel studs. Boy this brake job is one hot mess.

-
Back