Mcleod M-800

-
well the problem now is most companies dont carry a big overhead. everything is made to order. so when you order hundreds or even thousands of bearings and gears they all have to be made and it somtimes takes months just to get to your order. all of a sudden years have gone by and no one believes you will ever actually but the tranny out on the market.

Heard the President of Mcleod on talk radio he said they are still waiting for tail housings from the casting company..... so the wait continues

I don't get why the gm version came out first since Mopars need it the most. They have many options to choose from without modifying floorboards and crossmembers.

^
^
^
^
what he said!

I think I read somewhere the aftermarket sales for classic GM car parts is like 80% market share and the rest is Ford/Mopar (I think like 15% Ford and 5% Mopar or something ridiculous like that). So coming out with the Mopar trans first would be a financial shot in the foot so to speak... lots of development and application testing (time and $$$$) just to sell a small fraction of units compared to the GM ones.

Just had an idea... you guys think there would be any demand for prefabricated transmission tunnel floor humps to fit bigger aftermarket transmissions? Or do most Mopar owners just not want to cut up their floor pan at all?

Just had an idea... you guys think there would be any demand for prefabricated transmission tunnel floor humps to fit bigger aftermarket transmissions? Or do most Mopar owners just not want to cut up their floor pan at all?

lots don't want to cut the floor and or the torsion bar cross member.

a nice pre fabbed tunnel may sell though..

Reminds me of when Holley re-released their finned aluminum valve covers. A 460 guy called them and asked when they were going to re-release the 460-429 version because you choice in that camp is stock that don't clear roller rockers or tall covers that don't clear brake boosters. Their reply "were going to see how well the Chevy ones sell first."

Makes total sense, lets see how a flooded market responds before we feed the one that is in demand.

I guess I'll hack my tunnel someday because 3.91:1 ain't no highway gear and tall gears suck.

I guess I'll hack my tunnel someday because 3.91:1 ain't no highway gear and tall gears suck.

This is why I bought a 2nd 3rd member..2.76 for cruising, open diff and 4.10s for the track

-
Back