MD/VA paint shops, and air cleaner question

-

rdb

Reaction score
Well I just got this '64 Dart GT convert -- arrives in a few days. After inspection, I want to get a new top (black, it has white) and even tho it's a nice paint job I want it the color mine was. Guess the paint is done first, then the top.

So far I am finding paint shops saying they do mechanical, and mechanical shops saying they also do paint... I am a little skeptical of these claims...

But to have the engine bay painted, the engine has to be pulled.

Any recommeded shops in DC area, let me know.

Also this slant six has a large flat air cleaner housing... wasn't that for the V8? And slants had a smaller one with Charger 225 decal on it? That's one I want.

Also one I ended up not getting had a dual brake system put in. Seems like a good idea --anyone do this for reliability/safety reasons. Anyone put in an aftermarket flasher system?

Bob B

go down to central va there are plenty of paint shops to pick from and half the cost, I looked for years and all my friends got ripped off using different shops in the dmv area my cousins 66 barracuda has been in paint shop for 4 years they only will work on your car when there regular insurance company aren't sending them work but 1 year is the average . unless your very wealthy and they will put you near the front and you pay about 10000 dollars for a std paint job

I've got several early A flasher harnesses that's a bolt in. I'll drop you a PM after we eat.

dual brake system is almost a bolt in. Get a 67 M/C in your choice of Disk or Drum, and get the combo valve or aftermarket prop valve. Run both front disk (eg) lines out of combo valve (2 ports always) and run rear line out of rear port, so 2 lines into combo valve and 3 lines out. Youll have to bend your own front brake lines but thats easy today, you can bend them in your hands now. Run the rear brake line to the old distribution block/rear line and plug the other 2 ports that went to front drums. Get M/C first and check fitting size before buying hard lines.

See Dan at AA Speed in Woodbridge, Virginia. He does body work as well. Or you can contact Gregg at Performance Auto Body in Manassas, Virginia. He's currently doing my car. They are the only 2 people I trust in this area

-
Back