Me no understand some folks...part 2

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
They go out and spend a small fortune buying a 4 wheel drive....and then put wheels on it that look like pimp my ride cast offs...complete with ultra low profile gigantor rubber....first one I seen was a Dodge Diesel....good size lift with said wheels & tires....have seen a Wrangler my last few trips to town......looks down right goofy.....:dontknow:

I've been looking for a Cherokee to take up North and there are a bunch of Grand Cherokee's set up this way. Even found an older XJ with great big chromed out wheels and those tiny low profile tires.

Cracks me up every time I see a 4x4 set up like that. Their money to waste I guess tho. :banghead:

HAHA, this is funny ! I work with a chick and her boyfriend has a lifted F250 with 22" wheels and low profile tires, looks so stupid !

Had a customer like that. Tahoe with chrome 23's and rubber band tires. Come winter time and the stock sizes went back on it with snow tires.

I've seen guys around here run the rubber band tires all year round, thinking the 4x will get them through. Those are usually the first guys I see off in the ditch.

I see trucks that were lowered so much you could never use it for a truck and just don't get it.
What's the point?
Cool is better than useful I guess.

I see trucks that were lowered so much you could never use it for a truck and just don't get it.
What's the point?
Cool is better than useful I guess.

Remember, the owner is modding the truck to HIS specs, not ours. I can't tell you how many times people have asked my why I don't have a Nova, or a Camaro, instead of the Swinger. My answer is always very simple, It's MY money, and I spend it on what I like. If I wanted a Nova or a Camaro, I'd have one. I don't want one. I wanted a MoPar, I purchased a MoPar.

Even many MoPar guys ask, why a slant, why not a 360 or a big block. The answer is the same. If you don't understand MY tastes for MY care, swell!

Living in the south, I see a great deal of cars with 24's and boom boxes, and sparkle paint. It isn't my taste, doesn't interest me, so I essentially ignore them.

"Different Strokes for different folks".

I think it looks stupid, but it's their money and it sure doesn't bother me. I find it amusing.

Remember, the owner is modding the truck to HIS specs, not ours. I can't tell you how many times people have asked my why I don't have a Nova, or a Camaro, instead of the Swinger. My answer is always very simple, It's MY money, and I spend it on what I like. If I wanted a Nova or a Camaro, I'd have one. I don't want one. I wanted a MoPar, I purchased a MoPar.

Even many MoPar guys ask, why a slant, why not a 360 or a big block. The answer is the same. If you don't understand MY tastes for MY care, swell!

Living in the south, I see a great deal of cars with 24's and boom boxes, and sparkle paint. It isn't my taste, doesn't interest me, so I essentially ignore them.

"Different Strokes for different folks".

I'm with Rusty because I get a laugh out of them too because I'm not sure how else to handle the stupidity of the money wasted.

I can let them be them, and they can let me be me right?

Yet another should have never started this thread has rolled thru my head....thanks to a certain someone....it is what it is....

I work with a guy who bought a brand new Toyota Tacoma, fully loaded, which up here cost him about $45K, and then he spent $12K, yes, $12,000 on a lift kit, just to look cool. He admitted it'll never see the bush, just pavement.

Thats pretty much the Norm here in Southern California, Hummers and land Rovers with 26-30 inch chrome rims with low pro tires that look like they would get stuck in the grocery store parking lot, let alone trying to even take it onto a gravel driveway! What a waste of a truck.

nothing looks cooler then 8 inch drums brakes peaking through 22 inch rims I guess

Had to post this one, figured it was chuckle worthy. This is the pic he chose for his CL ad. Ad doesn't say and can't see a 4x4 badge, but still made me laugh when I saw it.

Attachments

• 01414_1sdDDpo6pgy_600x450.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 128
I work with a guy who bought a brand new Toyota Tacoma, fully loaded, which up here cost him about $45K, and then he spent $12K, yes, $12,000 on a lift kit, just to look cool. He admitted it'll never see the bush, just pavement.

Small ***** syndrome.

See it around here all the time. Guys go out, buy the biggest (1/2 ton) truck they can get, then immediately install the biggest lift kit and biggest tires only to run the pavement. Funny to watch them have to slow down for every curve in the road. Even funnier to watch them go around every pot hole, patch, and dead squirrel in the road. You know if they're going around a pot hole then they're afraid to take it off road.

Small ***** syndrome.

See it around here all the time. Guys go out, buy the biggest (1/2 ton) truck they can get, then immediately install the biggest lift kit and biggest tires only to run the pavement. Funny to watch them have to slow down for every curve in the road. Even funnier to watch them go around every pot hole, patch, and dead squirrel in the road. You know if they're going around a pot hole then they're afraid to take it off road.

Ha! Love this one. Cracks me up watching them try to crawl over speed bumps at the store as well.

Lol you guys are lucky you dont live in oakland...most cars and trucks are highly elevated with oversized wheels and rubber band tires..besides the illegal immigrants with guns...lol

-
Back