Mech fuel pumps

-

66dartman

Reaction score
Which mech feul pump do you recommend for a 360 with a 750 holley dp and about 450 horse? There are several options and I want one that others have had good luck with.

I like the Carter street or the strip pump if you dont mind running a regulator. I had problems with the Holley mechanical pump.

I ordered the mopar performance one, it was a carter in a mopar box and havent had a problem yet...

I used to run the MP hi volume hi pressure with a holley regulator one.....never had a problem with it.

Ditto as above. A Carter HI-Vol. pump with a Holley regulater.

Thanks for the info, i was leaning that way but was unsure if the 1/4" pipe inlet was enough for my 360. The Carter it is!

Just remember that if the pump is putting out more than 8 PSI you'll need to regulate it down to 6-7 PSI or else the carb float needle valve will be overwelmed and you'll flood.

We hope to have our 110 and 220 gph six valve mechanical fuel pumps available for SB and BB Mopar V8 engines in April. Go here to see examples of the pumps we are already making for other non-Chevy engines:

www.robbmcperformance.com

-
Back