Mechanical fuel pump

-
Yea, in 318 & 360 smog engines.

I’ve monitored the pressure and ET’s at the track the few times I go. If it’s a mechanical pump, give me the HP/Hi-Flow Carter or Holley.

Yea, in 318 & 360 smog engines.

I’ve monitored the pressure and ET’s at the track the few times I go. If it’s a mechanical pump, give me the HP/Hi-Flow Carter or Holley.
Yeah. Like I said, they do have a place. Stock or real close.

Here's the difference in the 2 pumps, and why I asked what year we were working with. I have the M6270 on my 6-pack Dart, plug and play fuel lines, no regulator. The M6866 would fit on my '72, but you can find a non Carter at the auto store, not so much for the '69 style pump.

20220628_140456.jpg

20220628_140415.jpg

Here's the difference in the 2 pumps, and why I asked what year we were working with. I have the M6270 on my 6-pack Dart, plug and play fuel lines, no regulator. The M6866 would fit on my '72, but you can find a non Carter at the auto store, not so much for the '69 style pump.

View attachment 1715999998

View attachment 1715999999
That makes sense, because the Holleys can stand 10PSI.

Years ago I had a Carter M6902 that I had in a box, my from my old 83' Ram W150. I was going to rebuild it when I got the chance. Until she threw the box away during our move.
I was a bit pissed. It was made in the USA at the time
I then bought the M6270, I then just put on a regulator and set it to 6 psi. I've been using it since early 2017. And I daily drive my duster alot, it has never let me down, going strong for well over 30,000 miles. Unfortunately it said: "Made in Mexico." Still better than China.
From what I heard about the new Carter fuel pumps... They're now pretty much all made in China.

Just a quick update, stock Carter fuel pump from Summit arrived today. Interestingly it states on the box Made in Korea. Looks pretty good! We will see:)

Koreans normally make a decent product. I’d be OK with it. Waaaaay better than China. At least Korea is an first world country and allies IIRC.

I had a friend in the army spend time there, patrolled the dmz, lived there for a few years. He loved the people.

Koreans normally make a decent product. I’d be OK with it. Waaaaay better than China. At least Korea is an first world country and allies IIRC.

I had a friend in the army spend time there, patrolled the dmz, lived there for a few years. He loved the people.
Yep, some good stuff comes out of Korea. The edelbrock fuel pump i have is also made there.
My wife is Korean so i have been there a number of times and have done tours of a few of the Hyundai & Kia factories, they take a lot of pride in what they do and put a lot of focus on the finer details. I would not be concerned about the manufacturing quality out of Korea at all.
I saw the Kia Stinger twin turbo V6 engines they were putting together at the engine plant and decided to buy one. Slings the 4000lb car 0-60mph in 4.8 seconds - very nice peice of kit

@Ted265 Oh wow, a tour of there plants?! Nice. That was cool I bet. One thing about my buddy who spent time there was, when he got back state side, we asked him how much of the language he picked up. LMAO! He picked up a good bit! He schooled a few of us clowns to about the tune of 250+ words.
We tested ourselves by going to New York City into the Korean areas. We all walked into a small store and started ordering a few things in Korean. When the fella answered us, he turned around and his jaw hit the floor, did a double take and looked around for someone else. We all had a great day doing that a few times.

The Stinger weighs in at 4K? Wow! Hefty little car. And it moves out that quick? Not bad at all. Dang!

Haha Yeah if I go to a Korean shop/restaurant over here they're always surprised and excited when i order something in Korean - don't expect Aussies to know the language.
My wifes uncle works for Hyundai (Kia's parent company) and he was able to organise the tours for us, was pretty interesting that's for sure.
They are surprisingly heavy but they are very quick and handle amazing - a very well sorted out car that's a stack of fun to drive. Would highly recommend taking one for a spin if you ever get a chance. Supposed to run high 12s out of the box but haven't taken it to a track to test it.

20220619_082304.jpg

-
Back