Mechanical oil pressure gauge 1965 Dart GT

-

txas2step

Reaction score
I wanted a mechanical oil pressure gauge for my '65 Dart but I didn't want it hanging under the dash. Found a 1-1/2 " Bosch set and a nice '65 ash tray( $10). Gauge fit perfectly in the face of ash tray. 1-3/4 " hole saw and voila....now part of the dash. I have the original ash tray if a future owner wants it back to original.( next is freshen up the matte black paint on the insets)

002.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

010.JPG

Last edited:
looks nice, you upgrade to steel braided hose too?

looks nice, you upgrade to steel braided hose too?
Not enough clearance for braided the way I had to route the line. Nylon for now but will switch to copper when I find a shorter path.

Not enough clearance for braided the way I had to route the line. Nylon for now but will switch to copper when I find a shorter path.
The walls of copper weakens when flexed and leaks in short time. I owned and worked on Triumph TR6s for 40 years and they came from the factory with nylon oil pressure lines. Never knew of one to fail, unless improperly seated at the block or gauge.
I run a nylon line on my '65 Dart Charger and recommend you stay with one also.

The walls of copper weakens when flexed and leaks in short time. I owned and worked on Triumph TR6s for 40 years and they came from the factory with nylon oil pressure lines. Never knew of one to fail, unless improperly seated at the block or gauge.
I run a nylon line on my '65 Dart Charger and recommend you stay with one also.

I used the copper in one of my Sweptline D100's ( way more wiggle room),but I coiled the line at the block ( like a brake line).Never had a leak problem. The way I routed this one to miss all the under dash ac stuff and the ability to drop the ashtray, yes probably better off with the nylon line.

-
Back