[Found!] Mechanical six pack linkage

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I make mt own, much better than Edelbrocks.

0015.JPG

I probably have a 2472 set up, I make my own rods and have them plated silver cad, yellow cad or nickle that looks like chrome, nickle is more work and cost more. ad the ad the rod ends and it's a nice set up. The fuel lines are -6 an but the front fitting I had to make special you can't buy that one. It's easier to have the lines come out the back if you run a electric pump just come up the firewall. I can make you a set if you are interested. I made this for a guy, custom made carbs 500 hp nos, I think it's still setting in his office.

019.JPG

I make mt own, much better than Edelbrocks.

View attachment 1714999576
I probably have a 2472 set up, I make my own rods and have them plated silver cad, yellow cad or nickle that looks like chrome, nickle is more work and cost more. ad the ad the rod ends and it's a nice set up. The fuel lines are -6 an but the front fitting I had to make special you can't buy that one. It's easier to have the lines come out the back if you run a electric pump just come up the firewall. I can make you a set if you are interested. I made this for a guy, custom made carbs 500 hp nos, I think it's still setting in his office.

View attachment 1714999628

Very nice set up!! Looks like you converted them to 6 corner idle? Hard to tell from the pics. I plan on coming off the front for the fuel line, that's how I run my vacuum carbs (and my single plane 1050 carb) now. I may build my own linkage at some point because I plan on using a 4412 center Eventually like I do with the vacuum carbs. I figured the edelbrock linkage would get me going for now. I'd be interested in the edelbrock stuff if you wanted to sell it. Your custom stuff is really nice and I may be interested in that route later. i just change stuff on this car a lot and I'm not sure where I'll commit to leaving it.

Current six pack set up
IMG_2377.JPG

The custom set up with nos are 3 - 4412 carbs I machined to fit. I looked last night and I must have sold the extra linkage set up I had. I have to make a complete set up for a friend that is buying my last set of 82, 83s from me.
here is a pic of some parts I have and I know I have to make some parts for the slide stops. Are you using vacuum carbs and mechanical linkage? I have seen guys use it w/50cc pump although I have never tried it. look tthrough ihe pics and see if you find any thing you want.

Image2.jpg

The custom set up with nos are 3 - 4412 carbs I machined to fit. I looked last night and I must have sold the extra linkage set up I had. I have to make a complete set up for a friend that is buying my last set of 82, 83s from me.
here is a pic of some parts I have and I know I have to make some parts for the slide stops. Are you using vacuum carbs and mechanical linkage? I have seen guys use it w/50cc pump although I have never tried it. look tthrough ihe pics and see if you find any thing you want.

View attachment 1714999928

Nope, the 4412 is vacuum Accuating the outboards just like the stock center.:thumbsup:

You have a **** house of parts!

It's been 10.90's in my 4g b body street car running through mufflers. I had a buddy swear up and down the six pack wouldn't hang with a single plane. I ported an old tm6 and built a 1050 annular 4150. Tuned the hell out of it, I really like it, I have the cruise really cleaned up. At the strip it performed identical to the six pack. Even pulled the same 60ft.

the 4412 is a 500 cfm single 2 bbl that I machined off the back and changed the fuel bowls and some other parts. you want to use it in the center to get more cfm, but do you have a set of mechanical end carbs?

4412-3.jpg

Yes, just bought a set off eBay. Been looking for a few years now. It's a complete set (82 & (2) 83's) but I'll probably use another 4412 for the center. Really like the way they work.

The pic with the vacuum carbs I posted has a 4412 center ( I machined that one)

Last edited:
I ran 4782,83s on a 340 and every one told me that it would be faster with a 4bbl. I ran a750, 850 on open plenum and dual plane tuned the **** out of it and the 6 pac was faster. love those carbs.

If you don't care about plating I can fix you up with the rod end style linkage, I can paint & bake them and they look good for cheap, I sill need to machine some stops for the main carb link, probably take a week or so. nice job on the center carb I didn't even notice it. the problem with the side pivot float bowls is the front carb fuel inlet hits the air cleaner, so it needs a dent to clear.

Pm me a price. That's not good news on the air cleaner, I have a factory a12 piece and have no intent of taking a hammer to it. I may have to run a center hung on the front carb if that's the case.

Yes, just bought a set off eBay. Been looking for a few years now. It's a complete set (82 & (2) 83's) but I'll probably use another 4412 for the center. Really like the way they work.

The pic with the vacuum carbs I posted has a 4412 center ( I machined that one)
I was watching a set that ended Sunday. Did you get those? The price was good.

Nevin, can you measure the throttle lever on you carb and the 500 you plan to use, I have a boat load of carbs and they are all different. The parts I made are all a little different, I just want to make sure its not to tight.
Brian

IMG_095011.jpg

Nevin, can you measure the throttle lever on you carb and the 500 you plan to use, I have a boat load of carbs and they are all different. The parts I made are all a little different, I just want to make sure its not to tight.
Brian

View attachment 1715004880
I did get them back from the platter today

linkage 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back