Mecum in Denver 67 Notch

-
The black fastback was a good deal. Body looks straight too. Mecum auctions are more reasonable than what we see at Barrett Jackson, although BJ does sell some affordable cars earlier in the week.

Waiting to see what the 1-owner A-12 car will bring today? Looks like a great crowd for the first year in Denver.

Dave,

I think that black Barracuda meant he's got a 350 too :wack:

I myself like the black one as well

I like the black one especially for the price!!???

car auctions are a lot like good horse sales. for one thing it is really hard for even the top experts to say exactly what any are worth, cars or horses. if a big enough sale, there are always bargains, and people that pay way too much. rep of the consignor, time it does thru the sale, who has had too many martinis, all factors!?
sales are always good entertainment for the spectator. if you are like me, and trying to buy, and $$$$ does not grown on trees, the experience can give you ulcers ( or cardiac arrest!!??) LOL ( I've bought at quarter horses sales, but never have at a car auction!!!)

I like the toilet seat lid air cleaner.

Bam! Beat me to it.

Jokes aside, it seems as if the white Barracuda may be a decent (not $20k decent, but decent) 1990's restomod, but the monochrome paint scheme doesn't translate well through the bad photos (which appear to be scanned 35mm prints).

-Kurt

Bam! Beat me to it.

Jokes aside, it seems as if the white Barracuda may be a decent (not $20k decent, but decent) 1990's restomod, but the monochrome paint scheme doesn't translate well through the bad photos (which appear to be scanned 35mm prints).

-Kurt

The monochrome paint looked bad on the closeups they did on TV too.The bumpers and air cleaner actually looked like metallic bed liner spray.

The monochrome paint looked bad on the closeups they did on TV too.The bumpers and air cleaner actually looked like metallic bed liner spray.

#-o

Ok - I admit, that's bad! Trying to control laughter here...

-Kurt

The Lady in Co. had the red 65 Dodge Dart GT from brand new---a H/S graduation gift from her father. I tried to get a bidding pass for Mecum for this specific car, but a day late and a dollar short. $5,000.00, what a deal---still kicking myself.

Old Dart 66

-
Back