Medical marijuana

-

Pirate duster

Reaction score
Missouri has medical marijuana legalization
On the ballot this year. What do you guys think
On that issue. I don't use it but I'm not really against it

Washington state had Medical MJ. Feds came into Spokane and closed all dispensaries. From what I understand it was only in in Spokane, the west side they have not acted on yet.

Legalize it country wide and tax the hell out of it.... Let the pot heads start picking up some of the tax tab as the rest of us do...

The fed are afraid to legalize it as than it will be public record that they all smoke to.

Talk about side affects being worst than the cure.Smoke filled lungs and less brain cells just to ease pain that they make pain killers for.I guess I just don't get it.

It should be legal, regulated, and taxed, just like liquor. I don't use drugs recreationally but if for example I was undergoing chemo and nothing else helped me I would want the option to use it.

Laws that try to keep people from doing things they are going to do anyway are ineffective and costly. Prohibition didn't work, we've had organized crime ever since, kept going by all the other drugs that were declared illegal through the years.

Talk about side affects being worst than the cure.Smoke filled lungs and less brain cells just to ease pain that they make pain killers for.I guess I just don't get it.
Marijuana can be taken in pill form,also made to be eaten in cakes,muffins,cookies for ingestion for gluchoma and cancer patients to create appetite and ease pain.I for one am for it for any person in need medically.JMO

Doctor - Why do you need a med mj card?

Patient - I'm depressed

Doctor - Why are you depressed?

Patient - I'm out of weed!

I agree with legalizing and taxing it. People with terminal and serious health problems should be allowed all they want. You still have to pass a drug test to work in my shop.
The problem I see is the way they test for it. A junky or tweeker can be clean in 3 days. Someone that partook at a friday after work neighborhood bbq can test dirty for a couple weeks or more. I don't smoke it but I like beer. It's just like anything else. Moderation is the key.

NVM got beaten to it LOL!!

I think it should be legalized but still definitely controlled and managed in a responsible way. Colorado (mainly Denver) had dispensaries all over the place but most of them got shut down due to various violations and it's not ridiculously apparent anymore.

Funny thing is, it's not hard at all to get a recommendation from most doctors around here. Only bad part is the $200 renewal fee every year...

Colorado legalized it around 2yrs ago or so, well at least in Colorado Springs, now there are dispensaries everywhere here.
Also, it's not unusual to see at least one a week on the news as being robbed or held up. My wife's cousin's boyfriend owns one and she works as a "grower." Everytime we see her, she's not completely there, smells, and eyes are all dialated and stuff.
Apparently you just need to apply for your "medical marijuana license" and you're good to grow!
The city has made quite a bit of money from it though.

saw a guy on Judge Judy the other day (ummmm I was switching through the channels and the remote went dead?) who had been given a medical marijuana card because he has....wait for it...asthma.

Would you believe it was in California?

All dispenceries I have ever seen in CA have low lifes dumb asses hanging around inside and outside.
The grey area regulation process that is happening now just them attract illegal behavior.

A little while back a legal grower out in the country near me had registered to grow like 400 plants. He got killed by 5 asian gang member kids who drove out from SAC to the farm, with machine guns, 2 vehicles and bullet proof vests. The local sherrif dept actually caught 3 of the 5 by running them off the road and kicking their dumb asses. When the property was searched there was 1000 plants. So he was selling loads of pot illegally. I got this info from several local news papers . So, the growing process is guaranteed to attract criminals who are either in business with the grower or trying to eliminate the grower.

My poor old dad was dying and grew 7 plants in hawii as he had a medical card. Some **** bags came in the middle of the night and stole them. His friend had a number of plants and was beaten, robbed and his grow operation destroyed by gang members.

The grey area regulation of MJ propagates and enables crime. I guarantee that if a dispencerie goes in you will have an increase in **** bags, shady people, and low lifes traveling thru, hanging out, and just bringing a bad element into the neighborhood or area where it opens up.

I agree that it should be just like a pack of cigarettes and controlled the same way. If people want to be high they can just get a pack of MJ smokes and do their thing.

I have heard people say that if there ware a pack of marijuana cigs at the local store people would mostly stop producing it and buying it from underground and shady type sources. I agree with the taxes.
Dispensaries get robbed, attract criminals and a bad element. F that.

All dispenceries I have ever seen in CA have low lifes dumb asses hanging around inside and outside.
The grey area regulation process that is happening now just them attract illegal behavior.

A little while back a legal grower out in the country near me had registered to grow like 400 plants. He got killed by 5 asian gang member kids who drove out from SAC to the farm, with machine guns, 2 vehicles and bullet proof vests. The local sherrif dept actually caught 3 of the 5 by running them off the road and kicking their dumb asses. When the property was searched there was 1000 plants. So he was selling loads of pot illegally. I got this info from several local news papers . So, the growing process is guaranteed to attract criminals who are either in business with the grower or trying to eliminate the grower.

My poor old dad was dying and grew 7 plants in hawii as he had a medical card. Some **** bags came in the middle of the night and stole them. His friend had a number of plants and was beaten, robbed and his grow operation destroyed by gang members.

The grey area regulation of MJ propagates and enables crime. I guarantee that if a dispencerie goes in you will have an increase in **** bags, shady people, and low lifes traveling thru, hanging out, and just bringing a bad element into the neighborhood or area where it opens up.

I agree that it should be just like a pack of cigarettes and controlled the same way. If people want to be high they can just get a pack of MJ smokes and do their thing.

I have heard people say that if there ware a pack of marijuana cigs at the local store people would mostly stop producing it and buying it from underground and shady type sources. I agree with the taxes.
Dispensaries get robbed, attract criminals and a bad element. F that.

Wow that is seriously F'd up, I feel like it's not quite that bad in Colorado but I could be wrong :|

I'm surprised its happen, medical weed that is

I can't believe you can tax something heavy, when you can just grow it instead. If legal won't people just grow their own ? Don't got a green thumb then buy baby plants from Home Depot, lol

Personally I like to see alcohol be illegal, all the harm that drug causes, ugh Not going to happen thou, ha ha. Then you have the happy and pain pill abuse.

The world has too many drugs,weed does seem like the safest drug but isn't no drug use the best. I rather have cheaper fuel and looser sex laws

Weed helps prevent cancer it seems. Why they are thinking lung cancer rates are low for pot smokers, yet the smoke is still toxic to the lungs.

More research is needed but the funding isn't there. The drug companies have little interest cause they can not patten it and charge $$$ for it. Bring on Oxycodone

Isn't it a joke that Oxycodone is legal but weed isn't ?

Legalize it country wide and tax the hell out of it.... Let the pot heads start picking up some of the tax tab as the rest of us do...

If people are already getting it tax free illegally then why would they stop buying it illegally?

Education one's self is the key to life yet some think they need not be educated and that the government can do it for them..

its all in ones opinion,...in mine, I figure its like this;

walk into a bar and say "your all a bunch of drunks!" you get you butt handed to you

walk into a smoke ring or somebodies den and say "your all a bunch of pot heads!" you will get laughed at and agreed with :la:

point is that the most damaging drugs are the legal ones...we have a huge prescription drug problem here in MI and I have seen 3 break ins a week locally for several months...young breaking into the old's house to get their med's.....crazy stuff...how do these guys know they aren't taking heart nitrates or estrogen pills? and how about the ones who are sniffing bath salts?...I mean for real...BATH SALT...sheesh again..it's your life ultimately and you have to make your own decisions.:eek:ops: But I'll tell ya one thing..."I'll never smoke weed with Willy again." :D

They would buy from the shops because it's gonna be good weed vs taking a risk or being told that next weeks will be better. It will always be grade A at the shops

I say legalize it... We spend too many tax dollars trying to control it, with no avail. Why not make it legal and tax the **** out of it! Would be a billion dollar industry!

-
Back