Mega Mopar Series, Bandimere Speedway, Morrison CO

-
car or no car i'll be there...if the car isn't done i'll take the truck.

20190105_145955.jpg

Got a confirmation email for all the activities this weekend. Up to you if you want to pay the $4 "convenience fee" per ticket online...because I'm up there quite a bit I just pay at the gate. Otherwise this weekend would end up costing me $16 in online fees...no thanks.
8D47D8A7-F028-416F-984A-2E7B2BC2491A.png

So just spoke to a woman at Bandimere and she confirmed they are allowing spectators.

So in other words, you do not need to be racing or entered in the car show in order to be a "spectator". They seemed to have been dodging the question on FB so figured I'd just call to clarify...

I would be sure to bring / ware a face covering, it might be required.

Better safe than sorry

I would be sure to bring / ware a face covering, it might be required.

Better safe than sorry

The woman I spoke to said face coverings are optional however they will be urging everyone to comply with physical distancing.

I'm going to bring a 6 foot stick and if you get close enough I'll beat you with it:rolleyes:

I have to keep some extra distance I have a 100 year old who lives with us.

Same here. I live with and take care of my 91 year old mom. I'm in super defense blitz mode. I pity any virus that comes near me. :mob:

I thought I saw someone on here talking about making FABO face coverings...

These would be a good way to ID members from the forum at events like these!

I'm in super defense blitz mode.
I'm almost serious about bringing a walking stick.

Anyway, if you see me backing away it's not due to your hygiene:rofl:

And I'm not trying to be anti social, you should see me at the grocery, :elmer:

Hows about a little FABO/FBBO meet and greet? We could do it at my swap spot. Plenty of space in the swap. God knows nobody is ever over there buying anything.
I'll be in my white Dakota. Maybe like at 11:00?

20200403_170629.jpg

We already will be in the A body area, as two of us are having issues walking. Alex with a bad hip, and me with a broken ankle. Unless they put the A bodies down buy the swap meet.

Well crap. Hope it heals up okay. Lets play it by ear and see how it goes. We could meet at the A bodies but would need to be a bit later. Don't want to leave my spot very long.

Tickets bought, if I can find the PDF tomorrow!

Dave, no surf board tomarrow:( too much hassle if it rains.

Last edited:
Slight missed off ramp, Red Rocks is lovely this time of year.

But I'm here!

Was great to get out there today!

I believe I saw milehighdart's Dart because I recognized his steering wheel, but didn't see anyone hanging out to introduce myself to.

I ended up leaving right right as the poor kid crashed the Duster on the track :(

Where did you see milehighdart's Dart? There were 6 other FABO people parked next to him.

Wait, so that WAS you guys hanging out under the canopies?

Had a feeling. Told my wife "I think those dudes might be from the forum", to which she said "yeah what if they aren't you're gonna look like a weirdo."

Should have just come up to you guys either way.

Got back over the hill and had a good time. Nice to met you Dana67Dart.
Gamedog I stay in Parker at a friends when I'm over there. Willow Park off of Main St.

Got back over the hill and had a good time. Nice to met you Dana67Dart.
Gamedog I stay in Parker at a friends when I'm over there. Willow Park off of Main St.

That's about 15 minutes or so from me.

We'll have to meet up next time you're out this way!

Hope no one was offended by my distance. I was being over protective for my 100 year old mother-in-law who lives with us.
It was so cool to see all the 68 darts lined up.

I have some video of many darts running the 1/4 mile.

Here is a link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GqSPu7BrGcWRXicP9
Let me know if this link works.

Congrats Dave for best A Body Plymouth, and Steve (might not be on FABO) for runner up best A Body Dodge. I think I heard another FABO member won an A Body award too but I don't know who.

I ALMOST made it home with out getting rained on, Loveland to Fort Collins came down pretty good, luckily I put the top up in Loveland so I stayed dry.

Maybe next year I'll have enough guts to try the 1/4 mile.:eek:

Last edited:
-
Back