Member’s 1968 GT "personalization".

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just made a trade of vehicles. Some of you know I had a Hemi Orange 71 Challenger RT. After many years of owning it, grandchildren being invented, and general life getting in the way, I decided to post it up for a trade. I really didn’t expect it to happen so quick, but it did. I traded the project and parts and parts car for a 1968 Racing Green Metallic, or Poly, GT. Now whether or not it is the right color is unknown as it is a 20 year old restoration. It had the quarters patched up but the rest appears to have been rock solid at the time, and for the most part still is.
I call this a personalization because I’m not going to do a lot. It needs a drivers floor patch, I will eventually install disc brakes, maybe make them power, probably add shoulder belts and that is about it. At some point it may receive a 340. I would like to vinyl roof it, but that’s a maybe and a bunch of work. That is why I made the trade. I’m getting bored of working on them. Kinda! I’m thinking drive and enjoy. The 273 was replaced by a 69 318 with unknown internals, a 69/70 340 intake, an Edelbrock carb and Headman headers. It’s followed by a 904 and a 7 1/4 sure grip diff. The “two back” PO updated these to BBP so that makes it easy to do discs. It has 16” wheels that I don’t even mind too much! Anyway, blah blah blah. Here it is. That is Stacey driving it into the shop, which coincidentally was moments before a hail storm. I never mentioned I got the car from a “ paintless dent repair” guy!

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0127.jpeg

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg

IMG_0128.jpeg

Last edited:
Sold at Penner's in Winnipeg, how about that!

A green Dart, it doesn't get much better than that, she looks pretty good, have some fun with it this summer while you keep going on StuBBle, then next year you can enjoy StuBBle while you do the things you want to do with the Dart.

Thanks all. I am quite happy. The lucky thing for me is Green is the wife's favorite color. :)

I actually think this is a very nice green.

Sold at Penner's in Winnipeg, how about that!

A green Dart, it doesn't get much better than that, she looks pretty good, have some fun with it this summer while you keep going on StuBBle, then next year you can enjoy StuBBle while you do the things you want to do with the Dart.

LOL I knew you would like the Green! You and Tom both! Penner's. You know that dealership?

LOL I knew you would like the Green! You and Tom both! Penner's. You know that dealership?
Yup, I do like the green, it's close to what my 70 dart was, and my wife really likes green too. As for the Penner dealership, I was probably too young to remember that one. Between you and Tom now you've almost got a set of twins, both green with white interior.

Alrighty then. First off, thank you all. I am getting happier each time i look at it. Green is growing on me, as is a happy wife!
You know what they say, Happy wife, lots of strife!

So the 80's restoration had a couple patches done on the quarters, As far as I can tell with a magnet, they did a little bondo work and some small pieces of metal. Overall, not concourse quality, but good enough to last this long. So it will remain untouched for a long time to come. The floor is the result of being used and the heel pad retaining moisture under it, simple fix. I'll attack that right away. The rest is just fine! This car will live indoors and rarely see moisture, so the continuation of cancer will be prolonged to a minimal amount if any.

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few more shots of various things. I have not removed the back seat to see if it has a broadcast sheet.

IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0136.jpg
IMG_0139.jpg
IMG_0140.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg

Cool and well done George. I wouldn’t change a thing either. Just patch the floor, change the oil and go! Lots to be said for just getting in and driving. I hear your pain, I’m getting a little burned out from working on these things too. Enjoy

As expected! I have to use snips to cut this out vs a disc. I’m going to make as little dust as possible here!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, not wasting any time I see. The frame rail looks nice and clean. Yes the hoist helps immensely. Is Stubble going to lose part of its floor?

I have to do an out of province on this so I may as well get at it!

lol. No. StuBBle is safe!

I’ll just make a piece for here out of flat.

Off to make a patch.

image.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back