Members Swinger for sale?

-
I
It's not worth 55k, I don't care if it's a 340 car or not
Canadian $$$ so about 75% of $55k....car is very well done but not complete. I don't know how much is left to be done apart from some assembly.

I
It's not worth 55k, I don't care if it's a 340 car or not
Prices gone up, inflation and all, on the other hand you could buy a car and do all the work he did and see what you come up with, and how much it costs. The work part aint for the faint of heart the welding, fabrication, paint and body work right down to color sanding and buffing requires physical effort most aint got it in them that why the "on the cheap" "Junk" and "Rat rod" builds came about...:) H code cars will always bring in more than the clones. The clones are 20K and up...done propery with little to no work needed, its a no brainer. 50 grand isnt all that these days for real. youll spend that much restoring one if not more.

Prices gone up, inflation and all, on the other hand you could buy a car and do all the work he did and see what you come up with, and how much it costs. The work part aint for the faint of heart the welding, fabrication, paint and body work right down to color sanding and buffing requires physical effort most aint got it in them that why the "on the cheap" "Junk" and "Rat rod" builds came about...:) H code cars will always bring in more than the clones. The clones are 20K and up...done propery with little to no work needed, its a no brainer. 50 grand isnt all that these days for real.
That's so very true. I just get so aggravated on how much everything has went up. I'm sure that the man has a lot of blood, sweat and tears in his car. It's a awesome looking car for sure.

An EXTREMELY EXTENSIVE QUALITY resto...not many on here compare to it.
Best of luck to seller, f the whiners

Who is whining? Quality for sure but not much info. Seller needs to sell it in the description. No mention if engine and trans are complete and rebuilt. Interior, glass, wheels.... Four lines and a few pics. Some before paint. I see thousands $$ of work left.

You tell me who's whining....there's a reason it's not listed for sale on here lol. Do a search and find his resto thread and see what all has been done to it.
As I said in another thread we all gotta argue, and I'll stand by my comment lol.
As far as "details" go, that's your opinion about selling in the "description". I've seen a TON of for sale ads where the description is fn nauseating and only a few pics. In the end what sells the car?? Description or pics?
I'll go with pics...
Pick up the damned phone and call if you're interested(not directed at you)
Who is whining? Quality for sure but not much info. Seller needs to sell it in the description. No mention if engine and trans are complete and rebuilt. Interior, glass, wheels.... Four lines and a few pics. Some before paint. I see thousands $$ of work left.

Opinions arent welcome anywhere LOL! :) Neither is experience or sharing of knowledge which is why I seldom do.

It been said "it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay"and I believe that is true just like everyone has an opinion and they're intitled to it. Doesn't make it right or wrong. If you got nothing nice to say you're better off saying nothing at all.

Not much info? He has a whole frikkin build thread on this very forum.

.....But not on the auction or whatever the ad is on. Joe schmoe may not know FABO.
No link or mention of this site in the description. Impressive build for sure but we all know that in this hobby we don't get back what we put into it. Hey...I hope the guy sells it and the buyer continues the build with the same attention to detail. Sweet car.

.....But not on the auction or whatever the ad is on. Joe schmoe may not know FABO.
No link or mention of this site in the description. Impressive build for sure but we all know that in this hobby we don't get back what we put into it. Hey...I hope the guy sells it and the buyer continues the build with the same attention to detail. Sweet car.
I get that, but WE'RE not Joe Schmoe, we know the build and what he has in it. Hence the argument is moot HERE.

I still say 50 grand isn't that outlandish any more prices will probably level off there for a nice completely done car with the right drivetrain and all it needs is maintenance and up keep. people aren't wanting to do the work any more or dump the money into the work. its cost effective to pay the 50 grand turn key and go.

Prices gone up, inflation and all, on the other hand you could buy a car and do all the work he did and see what you come up with, and how much it costs. The work part aint for the faint of heart the welding, fabrication, paint and body work right down to color sanding and buffing requires physical effort most aint got it in them that why the "on the cheap" "Junk" and "Rat rod" builds came about...:) H code cars will always bring in more than the clones. The clones are 20K and up...done propery with little to no work needed, its a no brainer. 50 grand isnt all that these days for real. youll spend that much restoring one if not more.
I completely agree with this! And that's why after years of plugging away at a couple Dodges I decided to buy a completely restored 70 Swinger. Some might think I paid too much for it, but they haven't a clue what it costs to build a car like mine.

-
Back