MEMBERS WHO RIP YOU OFF

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is some definite garbage, the only way for people to learn is consequences. Report it, it is not cool.

To set things straight i wanted him to give you the part. As part of this web site a have found to be vary helpful but u ack like an ***. I have non problem with doing the rite thing.
You called him an ***, lol. Really ?

Some things just ain't right, Right?
Another thread I specifically asked if an intake was a 360 port window, is so I'm a buyer.. now if a person is selling something...you'd like to think they'd know what in sam hell they are selling..especially on a specialty website marketplace like this 'For A Bodies only' ..granted there are boneheads losing their *** on things they dont know squat about all the time...but again we're talkin a specialty marketplace here....well I get a what's your address for shipping n all that...and being a verifier that I am...i look it up and find no.. its not. So someone is ready to sell me the wrong ****, and knowingly...being that I fkn asked if it was 360 port window ..:eek:... it's hard not to take it personal...but too many are trying recoup on their own misfortune and just get paid.
I guess it comes down to a requirement of a caliper in the pic, w/ a verification mark on part? But Damn, they'll forge that too

It has always been Buyer beware. Some members don’t care who responds first. They just care who pays first. Kim
Agreed, but, how would MOPAROFFICIAL have payment information, if a deal wasn't cut? I dunno, I wasn't there, and it's best I stay out of it. Sorry for any Negative Input here

If you don’t get 67 Dart wheel soon, I’ll keep an eye open in our local car parts sale ads.

It doesn't add up. There is a Post above you saying there is a PM sent. So the question is who got to the seller first. Everyone is different. I personally let it play out with who responded first. IMO messaging is the best way to lock something in, not post it in the "for sale" thread on an item....

However this is the real problem. The member double downed on the money. Now at 13 years old I knew it was wrong but I can't speak for this kid. If he didn't understand trust me he will when this was over if I was dear ol' Dad. But more importantly the money would be immediately sent back to the buyer who didn't win. It's not complicated. Shady **** and the Seller should be removed from the site. Don't blame your kid. He's yours, you own it, and it's your problem. Not another member here.....

I got clipped by a "well respected member here, yeah right" years ago over a Steering wheel. Money never changed hands but I learned real quick he was a shady *** who doesn't understand follow through. Be careful who you deal with unfortunately is about all I can say....

JW

The 1st person flinched at the shipping cost and bailed out.

I accepted it as being 'is what it is. 80 bucks'. The payment info was given.

There was no pm from him saying different.
Nothing. I paid...then the next day got the message about selling to someone else and me needing to request my money back.

Does there need to be a rule for grace period here? This site is facilitating the sale, so it should have it's own rules and does... the seller wouldn't have these sales 'here' without using the site.
So it's the sites right of rule to keep order.
2 or 3 days if the Ad stays active...with a loophole of deleted ads. If you delete it, not mark it sold, but delete its existence..then from that moment on you can change lanes and sell to whomever off this site in your own private marketplace called text messaging and it's on you....but if you lock in a deal in a PM..you committed and contract a 2 or 3 day automatic grace period to pay. I've actually been out of town before or on a job and I couldn't complete payment till I was back home 'didnt have my paypal account' and so I just ask if they mind waiting a few days.

How bad someone needs the money and or the quality of said items might be questionable in that they feel theres only a short window for them to make any money before another one in better condition pops up. I have seen many times someone posting a sale ad with a rough condition part..to see another memeber post the same in better condition for more or less money. Which would you buy, the pos part or the nicer part .
Case n point
[FOR SALE] - Three Spoke Steering Wheel

I just want the steering wheel i paid for or my money plus fee returned.. I cant even switch lanes and buy another because im strict/tight with my parts budget. Only so much a month will I spend on this crap.

So far I haven't heard **** from anyone other than the family member of the 13 yr old kid.

Last edited:
Okay, I seen the ad . That 13 year old is what I call a no manners s.o.b
Now for the seller, I have personally done business with him, bought some disc brakes off him. **** he sat out in a field with me for a few hours once pulling parts. He is a stand up guy

Okay, I seen the ad . That 13 year old is what I call a no manners s.o.b
Now for the seller, I have personally done business with him, bought some disc brakes off him. **** he sat out in a field with me for a few hours once pulling parts. He is a stand up guy
Thanks for saying that. Makes it reassuring that it will pan out fine. I feel I have either done business with him before yrs ago or have posted along side , in other words ..he is a familiar member here and I dont think he was trying to be that guy... but i think the communication could have been better.
Thing is... he has not responded with a solution aside from cutting me out.

Edit I received 80.00 of the 82.60 back.
No message, no fee.

@Mike Mulholland do I have to be the paper boy from better off dead or what? Where is my $2.60??

Fk this.

Never buy from member Mike Mulholland

Last edited:
Looks to me like the seller skipped the line and jumped to a person deemed more eligible, and done business there. The kid did nothing wrong except do business as usual. The fact that the family is willing to ship you the wheel instead of keep it for themselves says quite a bit about them.

Looks to me like the seller skipped the line and jumped to a person deemed more eligible, and done business there. The kid did nothing wrong except do business as usual. The fact that the family is willing to ship you the wheel instead of keep it for themselves says quite a bit about them.
They're not shipping me anything.
They got the wheel whenever it shows up.

The seller never responded after the last pm and sent my money minus the paypal fee back to me last nite and I never received a notification till today.

I lost $2.60 and gained irritation and spite for both the seller and the folks who swooped in. It's done.

Great bunch of folks those 3.

I know it must be hard to read those pages but if you had read both pages you'd see that the first person in line flinched at the shipping rate and backed out . I was then the next and I agreed to the shipping rate.

Yeah I'm pissed. The saga of the steering wheel continues... 10+ yrs now.

Let me tell you a little story about I used to have a 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger. There was a local teenager who was slightly troubled but just needed some guidance. Hosnparent weren't there for him and he lived with his grandpa. When I got my 67 going I decided to hook him up with my 71 for 700 bucks because I wanted to give the kid a chance and I believed him. ..and he didnt make or have much money..so payments it was. That car had my old built slant from when I was 18 yrs old.. That car that I sold him also happened to be an old friend's car and so I kept the steering wheel out of it, the rim blow. I put the rim blow in the Valiant because I really like the steering wheel/reminded me of the old days with my buddies...and I put the 67 Valiant steering wheel in the 71 for the kid. I simply told the kid if you ever end up selling this car I need the steering wheel back and I will gladly buy you a grant wheel or find another wheel which I did buy a 70 steering wheel at a Spring Fling and sat on it and still have it as a matter of fact. Well long story short somebody saw the car thought it was a real 340 car because it did have dual hood scoop Hood oh, yes I hooked the kid up, and he was offered a decent amount of money and on-the-spot sold it and did not take the steering wheel out because it would have messed up the deal or some bullshit. I forgave the kid who is now taller than me covered in tattoos in a successful underwater welder. I believed in him and gave him transportation for next to nothing and he turned put successful and visits 1-2 times a year. I call him my little big brother lol....but I lost my original steering wheel.

Ever since I have been trying to find another... and to boot the car is turquoise.
Makes it harder to find.

Last edited:
I was in no way wrong, and went about asking if it was available in a respectful way. I simply asked the seller kindly if it was available, as I seen it was not sold. I was told by the seller that mopar official’s side of the story is untrue. The seller had told me that Mopar Official went silent and didn’t actually send payment until Monday after the seller marked it sold.

Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back