Memike's world

-
Well, I managed to get a couple of shots of the driveway, but they didn't turn out that great. We had about an inch of snow while I was at work yesterday, and when I got to the driveway at about 4:40 PM, it was overcast and no shadows so it's hard to see any depth to the photos.
Karl, have a look at the 2 door twin to you Cherokee. The big difference is mine has more bite than bark. :glasses7: :D

Yeah, that's pretty cool. What color is yours exactly? Ours is called "copper", my son did not want bright red as it is a "cop magnet"....

He doesn't need any help attracting the attention of the cops. His driving does that enough.... :banghead:

Memike:

Nice pictures. What's with the "long face" in the picture below "the shadow"? LOL!

I didn't know that you met Sarah Jessica Parker.... LOL!

Look at who I saw coming up from the back yard this afternoon. I grabbed the camera and took a few shots of him.

I also saw him a couple of hours later when I was getting pictures of the bigger creek that flows through the forest preserve.

Then when i came home, there was one in my yard, and he went into the neighbor's yard on the corner. (They are apprehensive).

I either saw the same coyote three times or one or two more than once....

Here's looking out the kitchen window:

View attachment Coyote A01 B.jpg

Here is on the front porch looking for food. I usually put my old food out in front of the porch for the critters to eat. I don't have a garbage disposal. but with all of the animals coming around here, they pretty much eat all of the old leftovers that we won't eat anymore.

View attachment Coyote A02 B.jpg

Here he is starting to leave after not finding any food out.

View attachment Coyote A03 B.jpg

Going...

View attachment Coyote A04 B.jpg

Going...

View attachment Coyote A05 B.jpg

Gone...

View attachment Coyote A06 B.jpg

Here he is by a log that goes over the creek. I was waiting to see if he was going to cross the creek on the log, but he went for a drink instead. You can barely see him in the bottom two getting a drink, but can see it better if you open it and zoom in.

Here's a good one with him looking at me:

View attachment Coyote B05 B.jpg

View attachment Coyote B06 B.jpg

Here's where he is getting a drink from the creek in these two, he's just under the log, then he left:

View attachment Coyote B07 B.jpg

View attachment Coyote B08 B.jpg

Wow!! Memikie likie :supz: I bet with you feeding them they leave the pets alone, or at least yours ;) OUTSTANDING :cheers: thank you for sharing Your world :cheers: I could set under a tree for hours watching mother nature there .. I can see you sneaking out the back door to get some of these shots like this, wow again good job Click, click click click click :supz:

Wow!! Memikie likie :supz: I bet with you feeding them they leave the pets alone, or at least yours ;) OUTSTANDING :cheers: thank you for sharing Your world :cheers: I could set under a tree for hours watching mother nature there .. I can see you sneaking out the back door to get some of these shots like this, wow again good job Click, click click click click :supz:

Thanks Mike.

I also like your Ramcharger. It's in nice shape. we don't see many of those up here any more as they have rusted out with our weather.

Here are some shots of a 'Possum that I saw in near my back garage two days ago.

My youngest son and I were in the back yard and suddenly I noticed him just standing there. He didn't move, just stayed where he was. Luckily I had my camera and started snapping some pictures. He wasn't very aggressive, in the last two pictures, he would just lower his jaw slowly at us because I was so close, but he never charged/attacked us. However, he also didn't run away. He stayed there until we stopped taking pictures and left:

View attachment Possum A02 B.jpg

View attachment Possum A03 B2.jpg

View attachment Possum A06 B2.jpg

View attachment Possum A07 B2.jpg

View attachment Possum A10 B2.jpg

View attachment Possum A11 B2.jpg

He/she looks like it has been in the bird feed bag :D Yea they can put on the bluff some times :rambo: Yea I am lucky to have this Ramcharger, it has been in my family for well over 15 years, zero rust thus why I snagged it up from my cousin :glasses7: My sons have put more miles on it then I have, And like your son Creed managed to hit a Deere, slide it against a fence post :banghead: but he popped it back out that night :cheese: I replaced the grill and put an 86 model grill in it.
It does a good job getting around, I think it has something to do with weight transfer to the rear tires compared to a truck, Creed has bought his own Ramcharger now and his was built in Mexico and has a front sway bar and 360 in it (I have got to get me a front sway bar for mine now) his feels allot more stable, Creed put a RV 318 in mine for me a couple years ago that came out of a 3/4 tun truck and I have a brand new rebuilt trans in it (Creed and I put in it) thus why he drove it for a long time. I think I will put a set of swampers on a set of wheel for next year :D Thanks :coffee2:

I'm out on the bald-azzed prairie in Alberta, so yes, you can see for miles and miles. :)
That decal was on the Jeep when we got it about 9 years ago - says Grizzly. With or without the decal, that has been one fine Jeep and I plan on keeping it for a few more years yet.
The Ramcharger looks great Mike - you just need a Jeep to slide under there when you have snow or ice. :) This ammount of snow will probably last until end of April or later.
Treva's Jeep had 230.000 miles on it when we traded it in and still running strong, yes indeed these jeeps are keepers for sure if anyone has one..thus why I was asking about Karel's Jeep :glasses7: Seems he knows all to well how great they are as well and uses it up there in Illinois :glasses7:
Seems like the years we owned a 4 wheel drive 7 to 8 years we did not get any snow, lucky if we got a one day event of snow a year here Sid, I was not prepared for this years snow storm's :banghead: Had my plate full.....
But next year I bet I have a set of big tall swamper tires mounted on my other pair of wheel and put about 3 to 400 LB's in RAMWAGON :D The old Ramcharger could have been on the road by now and getting us up and down the hill.
Live and learn I recon :D
Hopefully this will be the end of the winter for us here in Arkansas :coffee2:
April is getting closer and closer Sid :cheers:

Yeah, that's pretty cool. What color is yours exactly? Ours is called "copper", my son did not want bright red as it is a "cop magnet"....

He doesn't need any help attracting the attention of the cops. His driving does that enough.... :banghead:

Memike:

Nice pictures. What's with the "long face" in the picture below "the shadow"? LOL!

I didn't know that you met Sarah Jessica Parker.... LOL!

I'll have to check the paint code Karl, but i believe it's the Chili Pepper Red Pearl Coat paint. There isn't enough orange tint for it to be Flame Red, and they were the only 2 reds offered in 1998, and the paint is all original.
I don't think the red would have caused much more "magnetism" in your son't case. He seem to be attracted to hard objects with that poor Jeep. :)

I don't think the red would have caused much more "magnetism" in your son't case. He seem to be attracted to hard objects with that poor Jeep. :)

LOL! I think that you are right. :cheers: ;)

He told be before I bought it that he did not want a red one. :sad1:

It didn't matter to me what color it was, I had to jump on the first decent one that I found, regardless of color. Like I explained, as soon as I looked at a good one, it was gone within 2-3 days or less. there is a high demand and a loyal band of Cherokee affectionados that love these and keep the prices up (especially around winter time). If it was bright red, I still would have bought it. :hmph:

The way he's treated it, I should have it painted pink or yellow and make him drive it just to piss him off... :tongue2: :hmph: :angry1:

Yea they can put on the bluff some times :rambo:

Yeah, He really startled me. I was only 5-6 feet away from him when I turned and noticed him. I almost jumped out of my shoes! I wasn't expecting that, and I was so close when I finally noticed that he was there.

He wasn't aggressive, he just wanted to get something to eat.

I didn't want to get the dog after him, he looks like he's between a youngster and an adult.

I had a run in with one about year ago. One night I saw him by the front door raiding my recycle trash bin, so I opened up the front door to scare him away. He just stood there and looked at me. Didn't even try or think about running away. I had to close my front door quickly because I thought that he may try coming in....

For some reason, they don't seem scared of people. Most of the other animals, especially the coyotes will turn around and walk or run away when they see you. They are brave... He 'called my bluff'....

Except once I did see a deer coming down the street from the neighbor's yard. I slowly started to follow her up the street after she passed me. She then stopped in the neighbor's yard across the street and I slowly approached to see how close I could get. I was about 10 feet from it for about 3-5 minutes. We just stood there looking at each other. I was talking to it in a low calm voice. Then we saw a buck in the back of the yard where it was standing. The buck saw us and watched for a minute from the distance, then walked away. Shortly after that, the doe went in his direction and followed him. I couldn't believe that the deer let me get that close for so long.

I definitely wouldn't try that on a buck with a full rack. We usually see 8 - 12 point bucks around here. I would hate to get poked in the chest with one of the antlers...

There used to be an old guy a block over that feed the animals. He was so old, he could hardly walk and needed a cane. Somehow, I would see him pushing a wheel barrel full of food across the street to the forest preserve to feed them. He lived on the corner across from the forest. I would see the deer and coons crossing the street to go into his back yard and eat the food that he put out on a regular basis. He died a few years ago. But he was dedicated to feeding the animals.

My buddy in Little Rock is looking for a 99 Cherokee. He for some reason thinks these are the best year....said other years have some head gasket issues. What are your opinions on the best year for these. I told him 4.0 should be a 4.0?? But what the heck do I know.

I know many of the inline 4.0 (my favorite) had problems with the exhaust cracking, never heard about a head gasket problem, but like you what do I know on is bigger (valves size)

I wish I could live in Memikes world for a day !!!!!!! Mike you should put that up for bid here bet you'd be surprised how much someone would pay top dollar for a day spent with Victoria and you-----

when I was a teen I used to deliver pizzas in your area..Mokena/Orland. it is really nice once your outside of town! Snow is only pretty in the woods.Time for it to go now!

I wish I could live in Memikes world for a day !!!!!!! Mike you should put that up for bid here bet you'd be surprised how much someone would pay top dollar for a day spent with Victoria and you-----
:D swifter you might have something there as I read your post this morning :coffee2:
Let me see:-k:-k after this snow melts and the weather gets up to about 68 I could use some help with picking up wind fall and repairing the green house roof...........:-k setting my/our raised beds for our garden and prep for planting :D But that night we could burn the wind fall and enjoy an evening out by the fire telling old stories :D

Save the windfall for the boring days(nothing to do).I wanna go to George Rays for the day with you.:cheers:

Save the windfall for the boring days(nothing to do).I wanna go to George Rays for the day with you.:cheers:

:cheers: That would be something wouldn't it :coffee2: The season is about to open :cheers: as soon as the ground dries up some, I bet the track parking area is softer then oat meal :coffee2:

:cheers: That would be something wouldn't it :coffee2: The season is about to open :cheers: as soon as the ground dries up some, I bet the track parking area is softer then oat meal :coffee2:
After today I,m laid-off for 1 month(Re-tooling my plant for the new model Ford).We still have over 2 feet of snow to melt.It,s -10 right now,but is going to be +4 this afternoon(36 degrees).Hope a bunch melts this strongend as our local track opens in April...weather permitting.:cheers:

weather permitting :D You have herd George Ray say that haven't you Scott :supz: Enjoy your time off and give our little racer girl a hug/hello for me :smile:

Well I drove in town (yep got off the hill) yesterday and picked up supplies and enjoyed a couple glasses of wine with a big salad picked up Treva from work, we are covered in 4'' of slush so the car stayed at the end of the drive way but it will get up to 50 degrees so we will be melting of and getting back to the norm soon, 70 by Tuesday :cheers: , I am glad I am on a ridge because it's going to be a muddy mess in the flat land !!

Well have a safe strongend MeMike...time for work.:tongue2:

You stay safe as well and keep it between the ditches on you last day before your strongend and if I know you, you will have plenty todo's to keep you busy for a month :glasses7::burnout:

-
Back