Memorial Day vs Veterans Day

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
The former is in memorial (hence the name) of those who went war and didn't make it back.

The latter is honoring all those who have military service.

I had to explain that a couple of times this weekend. Figured I'd share it here.

seems easy enough to understand, but I can see why some people and their kids don't ............................

Unfortunately, some of my active duty and Veteran friends don' know the difference and nearly break their arms with the back-patting every year.

I'm a veteran.
Memorial day is for the dead.
Vets have 2 days. Veterans Day and Armed Forces day (albeit a working day).
I'll never come down on a Joe who's waxing nostalgic about a lost comrade from the bottom of a beer bottle.
Personally, I don't really care for people thanking me for my service. I feel awkward. When I joined, I was thinking of me, not really my country. But that did change after I got in and served. You quickly realize you're part of something bigger than yourself.
But the fact that people are taking time to do it is a 180 from what the older vets got. So if a Vietnam vet pats himself on the back, it's because being called a baby killer was what he got when he came home.

I ran into a few people that were upset with 'living' veterans on Memorial Day.

I was quite surprised.

Many of the living Vets have brothers in arms that did not come back.

How they spend their holiday, any holiday is up to them, they earned it.

I disagree. I think it is unbecoming behavior of Veterans and Active Service Members to seek praise or attention on the holiday that honors fallen service members specifically. It dilutes the very meaning of the holiday and as a result becomes just another rhetorical "Thanks for your service" event.

AND THEN THERE IS THIS!! Now remember as you are reading this...........

1.....This jerk has FAR surpassed his monetary goals by gettin stupid people to pay for his ticket

2.....This happened on Memorial Day aka "freedom day" according to him

3.....He is driving a HONDA

There is so much wrong with this, this is one person who deserves to be severely beaten, possibly more than once

Click here to support Pay off speeding ticket organized by Logan Wright

"So on today on Memorial day I was driving to work in my Honda Civic at 9:40 trying to get there by 10:00 because I'd enjoy not getting fired. As I was driving there some dumbass Mustang passed me going around 80 flipping me off. I wasn't gonna be a pussy and lose to a Mustang on freedom day"..........................

"So the Patrolmen comes to my window and says"What do you have in this thing?" and I said "bald eagle piss and freedom sir"

I'm a veteran.
Memorial day is for the dead.
Agreed. Memorial day is to honor and remember those who fought and died for our freedom.

Flag crosses 2 small.jpg

Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country's armed forces. The holiday, which is currently observed every year on the last Monday of May, was held on May 30 from 1868-1971.

AND THEN THERE IS THIS!! Now remember as you are reading this...........

1.....This jerk has FAR surpassed his monetary goals by gettin stupid people to pay for his ticket

2.....This happened on Memorial Day aka "freedom day" according to him

3.....He is driving a HONDA

There is so much wrong with this, this is one person who deserves to be severely beaten, possibly more than once

Click here to support Pay off speeding ticket organized by Logan Wright

"So on today on Memorial day I was driving to work in my Honda Civic at 9:40 trying to get there by 10:00 because I'd enjoy not getting fired. As I was driving there some dumbass Mustang passed me going around 80 flipping me off. I wasn't gonna be a pussy and lose to a Mustang on freedom day"..........................

"So the Patrolmen comes to my window and says"What do you have in this thing?" and I said "bald eagle piss and freedom sir"
I don't know what shocks me more ? The asshole telling the story, or the morons that donate!

this day and age just happy to see folks acting patriotic!! waving the red white and blue instead of brake dancing on it or worse! but memorial day bout the price paid to be free, all gave some, but some gave all!! glade both my g'pa's made it back from wwII proud of what thay did but the hell thay went threw rest there lives from being there was a hell words cant explain...cant imagine how thay made it threw the hell of being in it...nether ever talked bout it and got upset if some body else did...one was a field medic, how grulsum! other was a buck sargent under patten all way to berlin, mia behind enemy lines in germany for a time...lost half of both lungs to tb....war is hell and a party ant what i feel like for ether memoral or veterns day...god bless the usa and the solders that protect her!!

-
Back