Merry Christmas to me

-
2BA9EC56-441D-40BB-9C67-4BD8772993C9.gif

Merry Christmas John! I've got lots of tools from HF and have had good luck with them. There's one 20 minutes from my house. So I have a mix of HF, Craftsman and S&K in my tool boxes in the garage and the trailer, though most of the tools in my trailer tool box (including the tool box and winch) is from HF as it was much cheaper to outfit the trailer that way. No complaints so far.

Merry Christmas! I love harbor freight a large majority of my tools came from there. I'm always finding stuff in there and really good deals. When I go in there I get that same feeling I did as a kid in a toy store!

i stick with the big name brand stuff easier to warranty

I found it easier to warranty a Harbor Freight hand tool than Craftsman for instance. Carry the broken tool in and show it to them and they will tell you to go get another one, at least that's been my experience. I don't know about air tools or electric tools. Sears is closed around here so it's more difficult. That said, if I used tools everyday for work I would also get the higher end stuff. Most of my stuff is Snap On or Craftsman, and I fill in my needs with Horror Freight, lol.

I have a few tools from 'ChinaFreight' with one being a spray gun kit that I 'assembled' from no less than 6 kits to get all the best machined parts. Man, I couldn't believe how bad some of the machining was with holes drilled way offset and the like. Haven't used it much but what little I have used it, the job came out really nice. The crazy part was when I was doing the parts swapping, several employees walked by and didn't say a word!! lol.
Probably because the factory workers have very poor eyesight......I mean, you could blindfold most of them with dental floss. :p

I'm old enough that my tools are a mix of OLD Craftsman and Snap On stuff I picked up along the way. I took a Craftsman 3/8 ratchet to Ace Hardware the other day to swap out because most of the teeth on the gear must have been stripped. They swapped it out to a heavier duty ratchet with no questions asked.

I buy stuff at Harbor Freight that isn't too critical or tools that I use very often. I do have 2 of the purple spray guns that I use on run of the mill stuff instead of using one of my high $$ guns that I finish paint on my cars with. Honestly, the purple guns spray just about as good at a fraction of the cost. My rule for buying stuff at HF is, "If it ain't gonna round off bolt heads, or break and hurt/kill me, I will buy it there". LOL

The last HF thing I recently bought was an airbrush so I can paint model cars when I'm too lazy to work on real cars.. LOL!

Merry Christmas..!

Some of the HF freight stuff has held up good for me.
The stud gun works really good.
The purple spray gun, really amazes me how good it does spray.
The cheap $10 grinders, I have 4 of them, keep a different wheel on them, so I don't have to keep changing the wheels out.
Their hardy brand goat-skin gloves hold up pretty good.
Black rubber air hoses seem to last longer than the Goodyear air hoses I have.

Has anyone ever tried this spray gun. I bought it years ago and never tried it but hopefully I’ll be painting my repaired duster this spring.

590655F8-C89F-4F91-84F4-9C4121250310.jpeg

CD1011C4-0922-4A88-9E5E-DAC6ECF7F91A.jpeg

I haven't used those.....but a guy on FBBO used these to paint his race car a few years ago.....one shot guns apparently. No point wasting time and gun-wash cleaning these ones out.

View attachment 1716024477
Clean them, and keep using them. They lay a smooth pattern.
Just clean the crap out of them before using, they are full of shipping oil.

Has anyone ever tried this spray gun. I bought it years ago and never tried it but hopefully I’ll be painting my repaired duster this spring.

View attachment 1716024421

View attachment 1716024422
Did you get those tennis shoes at the same time that you got those spray guns? They look several years old too.
Last thing I bought at Harbor Freight about a month ago was a chainsaw chain sharpener.

Merry Christmas Pittsburgh racer and all you other guys too.

My four and a half inch grinder Catching Fire story is. I had a Skill 4&1/2-in grinder that I use for several years and my stepson wanted it and so he bought it from me. I then went and bought a new one and the first day I used it I was underneath the hay rack cutting a bolt off and it burst into flames in my hand. So I take it back to the store I got it from and the girl is about to plug it in cuz she's going to test it. And I tell her I don't think you want to do that. To which she replies I have to test it to make sure it's bad. I said do you feel how hot it is? Yes. I say that's because it was on fire about an hour ago. So I talked her out of plugging it into the wall.

I was at their store once and a guy walked in with five of the grubbiest concrete covered battery drills that you could imagine for warranty. No questions asked and he walked off with five new drills. He must mix a lot of concrete.

-
Back