Met a Previous Owner of My '65 Today!

-

eekvonzipper

My Member is Legendary!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This Guy Saw me going the Other Way coming back from a Car-Show today, He whips a U-Turn to Chase me down just as I pulled into the Local Pizza Joint.
The Lady and I sit down at a Booth and this Big Ole Fella walks right up to Our table and asks if we own the B'cuda outside...
Turns out, He sold it to the Guy that I bought it from! Tells me all about its Past and where it came from, who owned it, yada yada...
Starts telling about all the parts he still has for it and gives me his number. Wow, What a Day!
I'm going Tomorrow to look at a Rare 7.25" Sure-Grip 3.23 that Was intended for My Car!
Say's He has Commando Valve Covers, a Chrome Air-Cleaner for an AFB and a Factory Dual-Point Distributor!
Before this, the best day we had in the car was showing it to the guy I got it from (in 2020) earlier this year...
He was grinnin' from ear to ear the Whole time we were there.
Today just May be the Best Day We've ever had in the Car!
Thank You Fellow FABO Brethren, This thing would still be on JackStands in the Driveway if it wasn't for your continued Help and Support!

Craigslist '65 Barracuda

right.jpg

I have never run into any previous owners of the cars I've owned but did get a 69 valiant back twice.... the first guy that bought it never finished paying for it and he just brought it back. The second time I sold it, that guy sold it to somebody else and a year later broke down and he left it on the side of the road. I saw it on the side of the road going to work one morning so I called the guy that I sold it to and the title was in my name still. He told me to just pick it up because the other guy didn't want it anymore and he gave me the title back. I've had bad pennies come back to me before but this one was a good one. The only bad penny I had was a 71 VW super beetle but there was nothin super about it...

That's really cool man! I know he's glad to see it's bein loved and still on the road. Awesome that you might get some parts, too! Keep us posted.

Wow, great story. I’ve owned my 66 since 75. A friend located the original owner about 10yrs ago, resides in California

That's awesome.

I love the back story more than the cars sometimes!

Great story and makes it feel like a bonus to owning a classic car.

Glad you had a good day! Sounds like the old owner is a good guy. The 2nd owner back of my 65 Barracuda is pushin up daisy's at Forest Lawn and the people he sold the car to (who I bought it from) are crackheads in middle GA that I hope I never see again....lol.

I’ve owned my 66 Barracuda since 1989. I bought it from a co worker and his wife.
When I finally was done, I called the guy up not knowing if he was even alive since we had not seen him since like 1990. It was may 2021. They were so much older now.
He and his wife welcomed my wife and I over - so excited to see the car done but better then they sold it. The kids who are grown with their own kids came over. Even the neighbor came over after seeing the car. Let’s just say you don’t get that with a newer car. Lol!
Syleng1

I bought my 62 savoy from GTX John many many years ago. Ran into a guy who asked me if it used to be white. (it was).
He told me he used to own it He said he had a trans explosion in it, check for a patch on the tunnel. I was sceptical.

Sure enough. Welded in patch. Found it when I replaced the rubber mat with carpet.

-
Back