Met Another Member

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got to meet another member - Jackie AKA JD Mopar. We each drove a couple of hours and met halfway so he could pick up an early Barracuda back glass I listed for free and a 741 3.23 SG pumpkin he bought from me. We (him and me) talked Mopars over lunch - what else - while my wife had that blank look in her eyes - sorry! You know how it is when a couple of Mopar guys get together a. It was even better meeting Jackie in person as he’s been following my Dart conversion to a sedan delivery thread and offering helpful comments

Last edited:
Mega coolness! Nice of you to offer that glass.

That's usually how it goes when people with common interests meet up. Nice of you to put that glass up for someone. 65'

I was really glad to get to put a face with a name today! I enjoyed the short time I got to spend with Don & Judy. Come to think of it....I guess we didn't give her much of a chance to get a word in edge wise! I didn't unload the truck yet, but will clean the new to me Terrarium and store it safely on the top shelf tomorrow.:D Thanks again to @65 Dartman and for the great parts, and making the trip to meet me for delivery.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You know. You guys are the best around.
There's nothing better than this group of great individuals helping each other.

Got to meet another member - Jackie AKA JD Mopar. We each drove a couple of hours and met halfway so he could pick up an early Barracuda back glass I listed for free and a 741 3.23 SG pumpkin he bought from me. We (him and me) talked Mopars over lunch - what else - while my wife had that blank look in her eyes - sorry! You know how it is when a couple of Mopar guys get together a. It was even better meeting Jackie in person as he’s been following my Dart conversion to a sedan delivery thread and offering helpful comments
I think she had a blank look because you guys sucked all the air out of the room! Great when folks can get together like that. Thanks for sharing!

I always love seeing parts go out of my garage and unto a build

And from all the members I met in real life, I haven't met a bad one yet

I always love seeing parts go out of my garage and unto a build

And from all the members I met in real life, I haven't met a bad one yet
Same here. Really seems like the Mopar guys are way more friendly and helpful than shall I say other followings?

It's refreshing to hear about a good story and outcome once in awhile instead of rants.
This restores my faith in my fellow Mopar enthusiasts.
Good for you guys!

I'm wondering if this is the famous $2,000 rare barracuda back window? You know the one you could drop a brick off of the building and hit it and it would likely bounce off cuz it's so thick???
When we bought my wife's 66 cuda from a Chevy guy trying to flip the car as he got it dirt cheap was saying that the glass was worth $2,000..(it seems as he watched that episode on desert cars...)
I said how about if I give you four rear glasses for the car.. I also gave him a good tip for when he flips cars... Don't leave the receipt for what you paid for it in glove box... Chevy people..:rolleyes:...

I have a few I can give away also. See them at Carlisle a lot for $50 and free on Sunday!

When I made that guy the offer of the four windshields I was thinking of my friend who lives a couple hours away that offered to pay my gas money to get it out of his yard...
The funny part is when you're looking for one they're not everywhere...

I've always been curious how many takes it took to break that window on that TV episode?..
I can see their first attempt where they said let's just drop it off the stand and give it a little nudge and tie a string to the leg or something and it fell off and bounced across the floor lol then they're like let's throw a brick at it just out of the cameras view and when it bounced off they're like crap and someone pulls out of 45...

They are seriously durable. Rode the mower over a corner of one by accident nothing! Takes up way to much space.

05306F6C-BDB2-4132-A95E-E170A496C17E.jpeg
Safely stored out of harms way, until I pass it on to the next custodian someday! Hope I never have to use it. :eek:

-
Back