Metal Building/ Garage…

-
We moved from Commiefornia to Texas for various reasons and finally was able to afford a shop. We couldn’t do that in Commiefornia as the permits alone were $45k!

My neighbor above me builds shops and I had a total of $20k to get a shop, concrete and electrical. His first quote for a 22x25x12 was $27k. I told thanks for the quote but I can’t afford that. A couple weeks later he texts and says he can do it for $17k. I told him that I had a budget of $10k for the shop and that I’m looking online for a building. He says that he can that cause he’s got some leftovers from another job. He got the job, and 2 weeks later I had my shop. I did go over on the budget for electrical by $2k.

My other neighbor that moved from Commiefornia is a contractor and helped me run power to the shop and I took over from there. He put in a 125amp circuit breaker and we ran 2 gauge wire 80ft under ground (I dug the trenches by hand) through 3 inch pvc pipe. I did the rest of the wiring myself. I bought a 10ft ceiling fan with 9 speeds cause it’s F’ing humid in north Texas. I’ll be insulating the shop at some point, hopefully this winter and I’m getting a mini split ac system too.

Building a carport in front of the shop right now, panels will be here next weekend and they are the same as the shop.

View attachment 1716159665

View attachment 1716159666

View attachment 1716159667

View attachment 1716159668

View attachment 1716159669

View attachment 1716159670

View attachment 1716159671

View attachment 1716159672

View attachment 1716159673

View attachment 1716159674
That came out really well. Thank you for your service and GOD BLESS TEXAS.

Very nice! Congratulations.
Thank you. I need to dig a trench line about 150 feet and run some power. 2” conduit is about 450 bucks, or $30 a 10 foot stick of that grey stuff. I’ll dig the trench and bury it all the same day when I get the conduit.

I know there is 2 water lines that go to my well tank and my house, I don’t know exactly where they are in the path I need to run the wire, but unfortunately I’ll find them with my little BX backhoe….LOL.

It’s almost funny, when I got my tractor and hydraulic front mounted auger, every where I wanted a hole for something, there was a damn water line. LOL.

This was a fun one. I wanted a simple post for a fence. Took me all day and into the night to fix that SOB.

IMG_8985.jpeg

IMG_8990.jpeg

IMG_8993.jpeg

Thank you. I need to dig a trench line about 150 feet and run some power. 2” conduit is about 450 bucks, or $30 a 10 foot stick of that grey stuff. I’ll dig the trench and bury it all the same day when I get the conduit.

I know there is 2 water lines that go to my well tank and my house, I don’t know exactly where they are in the path I need to run the wire, but unfortunately I’ll find them with my little BX backhoe….LOL.

It’s almost funny, when I got my tractor and hydraulic front mounted auger, every where I wanted a hole for something, there was a damn water line. LOL.

This was a fun one. I wanted a simple post for a fence. Took me all day and into the night to fix that SOB.

View attachment 1716178680

View attachment 1716178681
I guess better hitting water than power. I have gotten a few water lines with a ditchwitch and it sucks. :thumbsup:

-
Back