Metal Polishing and Restoration

-
What's the Oliver 77 have to do with any of that? I'm also curious to know how he can get a before and after of the same part in the same photo.

Are any of those parts yours?

I work with Mike. He does the polishing as side work. Yes I have seen his work first hand. He has done anything from automotive to brass and silver, etc. He has done more than one of multiple items to explain before and after pictures. If you would like I can forward a phone # and or email address. Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Mark! I'm still a bit confused about the sweet old Oliver tractor in there (nice resto) but wish him luck as he gets up to speed on his side business.

I work with Mike. He does the polishing as side work. Yes I have seen his work first hand. He has done anything from automotive to brass and silver, etc. He has done more than one of multiple items to explain before and after pictures. If you would like I can forward a phone # and or email address. Thanks

got an email address??,,i have some items i need to get done..sd426

Tractor caption sez..."oliver tractor/ polished brackets and exhaust stack"

I can see a little of the stack...none of the brackets that I can tell.

Paul

Thanks for the quick reply Mark! I'm still a bit confused about the sweet old Oliver tractor in there (nice resto) but wish him luck as he gets up to speed on his side business.

man that is IMPRESSIVE! id like to see some of his equipment....

It's the straightening and dent removal that is bigger stumbling block than the polishing.

You'd be surprised at what you can do with a small hammers, home made blocks, rounded off punch, and a radiator hose hook/pick.

It's the straightening and dent removal that is bigger stumbling block than the polishing.

You'd be surprised at what you can do with a small hammers, home made blocks, rounded off punch, and a radiator hose hook/pick.

Absolutely 100% agree with that as I have been trying to perfect that for a loooong time
Polishing trim thats straight is easy,just time consuming
The 70 Cuda grille trim in these pics were bent,twisted and dented as trees had grown up between the bumper and the grille(I sawed the trees out with a hand saw)removed the trim,straightened it and polished it and its ready to be installed now,if I decide to sell it or wait until I own another 70 Cuda to put it on.

Attachments

• 101_9297.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 101_9315.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 101_9333.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 246

True on both counts! It takes a LOT of patience and the proper tools (most of mine are homemade) but the results and personal satisfaction are well worth the effort.

Nice job on that Cuda grille there too moparclown.

-
Back