Metal sail panels 72 to 73

-

blue missile

Reaction score
Here are the shots of the metal sail panels and their transformation from the 72 to 73 set up.
I have ordered some appropriate Epoxy and will vacuum bag them when it arrives.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo123.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 370
  • Photo178.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 364
  • Photo179.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 375
  • Photo180.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 377
  • Photo183.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 398
  • Photo181.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 391
  • Photo184.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 406
Man that is great! Can you make me a set, LOL!

Guys,
I thought I posted the pics after they were bagged with carbon and installed. Sorry here they are. They are now sprayed with a matte urethane. and as soon as the replacement wing windows arrive I will reinstall them.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo219.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 316
  • Photo220.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 338
Guys,
I thought I posted the pics after they were bagged with carbon and installed. Sorry here they are. They are now sprayed with a matte urethane. and as soon as the replacement wing windows arrive I will reinstall them.
Andrew

They look nice, how long did it take you to make those?

Roo,
figure that time to do the metal work including the filling and sanding prep for the bagging. Bagging itself is relatively quick but there is a 24 hour setup time in order to unbag the part. Yes those are 73 windows, the change is in the extension of the sail panels. However I just got in some 72 windows and the actual difference is ONLY in the latch and the location of the drilled hole in the glass. the curve of the window and everything else is the same. In 73 they went to a smaller and plastic latch system to save money.
Andrew

Nice; I have wanted to play with FRP for years and never seem to find the time to copy a part.

I just got the headliner bagged last night, after thats completed Ill be making molds for door cups.
Andrew

Roo,
figure that time to do the metal work including the filling and sanding prep for the bagging. Bagging itself is relatively quick but there is a 24 hour setup time in order to unbag the part. Yes those are 73 windows, the change is in the extension of the sail panels. However I just got in some 72 windows and the actual difference is ONLY in the latch and the location of the drilled hole in the glass. the curve of the window and everything else is the same. In 73 they went to a smaller and plastic latch system to save money.
Andrew

I wish I had your skills. I love how you made it one piece. That is cool you are still using 73 windows. I plan on keeping mine, and I am looking at getting some 70-72 sail panels. Just need to figure out what to do with the space the 72 panels do not cover.

I had a perfect set I tried to give away earlier this year and nobody would take them.

They went with the car to the scrap yard.

Lets set the record straight.
the 73+ glass has to go with the 73+ frame and latch, My glass looked like crap so I got a pair of wing windows that were 70-72 complete and they just slip right in the opening. The 73+ sail panels are plastic, no so for the 70-72 which are metal. everything was fine until I installed the rear bucket seats, now I have to trim down the length of the handles about an inch to clear the seats.
Andrew

-
Back