Mexican Early A Body info wanted

-

bb66cuda

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda on eBay and it turns out it is one of the mexican versions. I would like to find out more info on these cars, the only website I found with info says the 65's could have come with the 318 engine which seems weird to me. This Barracuda currently has a 6 but originally had a V8 I assume since it has dropped centerlink, V8 accelerator pedal and 10" drums.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221655735589?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

All of the 65's I have seen came with the 273. I don't believe the 318 was available for 65.

Very nice score for that price.

I don't know anything about the Mexican models, but the LA 318 weren't available then and I can't imagine anyone putting a wide block 318 into an early A. As mentioned previously, 273 was the only V8 that you could get in them in the states.

How did you find that yours is a Mexican model?

Very nice score for that price.

I don't know anything about the Mexican models, but the LA 318 weren't available then and I can't imagine anyone putting a wide block 318 into an early A. As mentioned previously, 273 was the only V8 that you could get in them in the states.

How did you find that yours is a Mexican model?

I know because the funky seats are original, vin number isn't decodable, no factory fender tag, Mexican slant six in it is different than US model slants, different emblems on outside of car, heater delete which is common in Mexico cars and the coolest thing is the 180 km speedo.

Hell Yes!

Please post more info and pics, esp of the Mex specific stuff.

Although I gotta say it kinda looks like aftermarket door panels and seat upholstery.

Hell Yes!

Please post more info and pics, esp of the Mex specific stuff.

Although I gotta say it kinda looks like aftermarket door panels and seat upholstery.

That's what I thought at first also. After looking up pictures of the 1965 valiant Acapulco the seats are original, and the door panels were redone, but are very close to the original style.

Nobody else knows anything about these cars? I'll post some pics of the non US items soon.

Have you decoded the VIN/Fender Tag? Did you look under the back seat for the Broadcast Sheet? They may be useful to find out some basic info about your car. I wold start there.

I don't know much about the Mexican cars so please share anything you find out.

And post some pictures of the cars exterior and interior so maybe someone can spot differences or weird stuff.

-
Back