Mexican Superbees

-
They are pretty cool, I remember thinking they were fakes when I first moved down here, they were not exports from the US, they were required to be built in Mexico. The Super Bees were the fastest cars in the Republic being used as Federal Highway Patrol Interceptors. The 318 was rated at 300 Horsepower but Ma Mopar didn't want it to steal any thunder from the 340 so they only allowed the Mexico versions to badge 270HP Alta Potencia (High Performance). The 360 was allowed to display 300HP during its entire build since they were not detuned along with the US versions. Anyone interested in checking out some possibilities can google club de autos monterey, their website can be visited in Engilsh and they have a section of cars or parts for sale, watch out for overcharging, verify prices in MN (moneda nacional, pesos) or dolares (US dollars). Clones are becoming popular also so beware. Cars you bring back must be declared at the US point of entry. The vehicle must meet US standards for the year it was made and any other requirements of your home state of record ( ie: seatbelts, dual master cylinder, smog, etc). You must pay a 10% import tax, you get a $400.00 US exemption. Example, I brought a 1964 Plymouth Valiant Acapulco, 225, four on the floor Hurst with console mounted tach. It did not have seatbelts (does now) but in 1964 neither fed or Cali required them. No real smog control, Cali exempts 1975 and older. I had a Bill Of Sale for $4,000.00 US, 10% tax equals $400.00 US, I used my $400.00 exemption and paid ZERO! Even got a receipt from US Customs that shows $0.00 Paid! Paid about $300.00 to register in Cali including sales and transfer taxes. One more item of Mexican Mopar coolness is the '70 and '71 Darts had a '68 Charger style rear window and sail panel, just another thing that makes a Mopar guy say WTF?
:-({|=

you could always re title it using titles unlimited,or int. title service, all they do is register it in a state like Alabama that doesn't use titles on vehicles over 10 years old then sell it back to you, then you use that registration and bill of sale to title it in your home state

This would not work as the Mexican cars have a very different series of numbers and letters.

I'm a MOPAR guy forever and untill recently never knew of these Meh-he-co exports.If one of those pulled up next to me on the road,,,,,,,,I would laugh at them and say WHAT AN a-HOLE:toothy10::read2: Now I know better!Thanks for this post with pic's8)

They weren't exported. They were built in Mexico.

My Dart has a Dodge front end and a Plymouth valiant rear end.

Mexico did that with many other cars as well.

Why? Who knows.

They are pretty cool, I remember thinking they were fakes when I first moved down here, they were not exports from the US, they were required to be built in Mexico. The Super Bees were the fastest cars in the Republic being used as Federal Highway Patrol Interceptors. The 318 was rated at 300 Horsepower but Ma Mopar didn't want it to steal any thunder from the 340 so they only allowed the Mexico versions to badge 270HP Alta Potencia (High Performance). The 360 was allowed to display 300HP during its entire build since they were not detuned along with the US versions. Anyone interested in checking out some possibilities can google club de autos monterey, their website can be visited in Engilsh and they have a section of cars or parts for sale, watch out for overcharging, verify prices in MN (moneda nacional, pesos) or dolares (US dollars). Clones are becoming popular also so beware. Cars you bring back must be declared at the US point of entry. The vehicle must meet US standards for the year it was made and any other requirements of your home state of record ( ie: seatbelts, dual master cylinder, smog, etc). You must pay a 10% import tax, you get a $400.00 US exemption. Example, I brought a 1964 Plymouth Valiant Acapulco, 225, four on the floor Hurst with console mounted tach. It did not have seatbelts (does now) but in 1964 neither fed or Cali required them. No real smog control, Cali exempts 1975 and older. I had a Bill Of Sale for $4,000.00 US, 10% tax equals $400.00 US, I used my $400.00 exemption and paid ZERO! Even got a receipt from US Customs that shows $0.00 Paid! Paid about $300.00 to register in Cali including sales and transfer taxes. One more item of Mexican Mopar coolness is the '70 and '71 Darts had a '68 Charger style rear window and sail panel, just another thing that makes a Mopar guy say WTF?
:-({|=

Do you have any cars listed for sale on Anumex.com or any other site here in Mexico?

I will be going to Guadalajara looking for cars pretty soon.

Hi, Mason, I'm actually in California for the next few months as my father has become quite ill. If you're going to GDL take a ride around the Jardines de la Paz neighborhood near Revolucion and Rio Nilo, especially around the 2700 block of Artemio del Valle Arizpe, last time I walked around that block and the adjacent streets there were four Valiant Acapulcos, one push button automatic, two three on the tree, one four on the floor Hearst, all 225s, the Hearst one I found out is a clone. The three on the tree one was for sale at 25,000 pesos ($2,000 dollars) excellent running survivor. I've never heard of Anumex, I'll check it out. Raul.

My question would be: Is it even possible to import these and get them legally titled and registered in terms of DOT/EPA regulations?

There is a rolling twenty-five year EPA/DOT rule for importation of non-US-built cars and trucks. No problem here whatsoever. Right now, the cutoff is at 1990 model year vehicles.

-
Back