Michigan newbee . . . ole fart . . .

-
I have a 69 dart gt....318...7 3/4

I was spoiled and got a welder for Christmas. So, I'll begin body work soon. Needless to say, it'll be a while before I get everything completed, but hopefully I can get it finished properly quickly.

I plan to do the typical stuff....new engine...new rear end...etc

Glad to see we have so many members from MI on here.

I'm headed to the Mt. Clemens swap meet today!

I used to live on Hughes about a quarter mile north of Golf Club about 20 years ago. Always an adventure in the spring with the ruts and mud. Once had a kid in an explorer end up upside down in my front yard, said he swerved to miss a skunk. I live in Colorado but go back to Michigan, my folks live on the west side near GR.

Here is a picture of my car when it is not covered for the winter which is about 10 months here.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 152
small world . . . I'm about a quarter mile east of Hughes on Golf Club . . . yes the potholes are a pain . . . Rog

I to myself live in Michigan, Howell area. I am sure if you look at some of the local and big car shows you will run into me. I got my 72 Duster a few years ago and just love it. It needs some little things but dont they all. Its a blast to show and drive. Well if you ever need anyting please let us know, there is always one good thing about mopar people is they always seem to want to leand a helping hand.

Thaks,
Richard

Attachments

• DSC00162.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 138
As I said on the Telegraph thread, I haven't seen you around town (Howell). Hope to someday!! Rog

I am 70 and was about to quit when I drove my Barracuda to the strip and ran it. I have 3:23 gears and ran 13.30 and 102 at 5000'. I am please since I have a 2500 stall and was spinning because the brilliant rice burners were driving through the water box and bringing water up to the start. I am a happy camper. By the way it gets 13 MPG.

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 136
I to myself live in Michigan, Howell area. I am sure if you look at some of the local and big car shows you will run into me. I got my 72 Duster a few years ago and just love it. It needs some little things but dont they all. Its a blast to show and drive. Well if you ever need anyting please let us know, there is always one good thing about mopar people is they always seem to want to leand a helping hand.

Thaks,
Richard
Well, welcome to a great site, hope I see you around soon. My Dart will be on the road next spring, it will be a driver, not really for shows. She shows her miles, and she needs quite a bit of attention. See you soon! Rog

Rog,
Get er runnin...maybe we can have a little Michigan gathering at one of the cruises (or start our own) in the Spring!

Paul
Novi/Northville

Well, welcome to a great site, hope I see you around soon. My Dart will be on the road next spring, it will be a driver, not really for shows. She shows her miles, and she needs quite a bit of attention. See you soon! Rog

Welcome to the fabo site a lot of great info, a lot of experience to draw form, and a huge
Tech base at a push of a button. I was born in Pontiac,and raised in Drayton Plaines
Till 1964,now in the sunshine state of wa
64 dart vert /6
Moe
O I forgot to mention can be quite entertaining at times'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

94ba16a3.jpg

With all you michiganders out does any remember a drive in restrant called if I remember right Teds on Woodward ave cruise and street race fir and sat, ??????????

Rog,
Get er runnin...maybe we can have a little Michigan gathering at one of the cruises (or start our own) in the Spring!

Paul
Novi/Northville
I was thinking of that for next year . . . getting together . . . FABO/ midwest or Michigan. My goal is next year to be on the road. If not with this car, then another.

Have fun in Roseville!! Rog

-
Back