Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R

-

71duster06

Reaction score
Good evening all,
Its looking like my tires wont last all season like id hoped..... im looking at the MT Sportsman S/R tires and wanted to see if anyone is running these on their A-body. if you can provide pictures and tire size that would be awesome!!!

Good evening all,
Its looking like my tires wont last all season like id hoped..... im looking at the MT Sportsman S/R tires and wanted to see if anyone is running these on their A-body. if you can provide pictures and tire size that would be awesome!!!
Yes I can.
If I remember right, fronts are 225/70/15 and rear are 255/60/15. I have had them for a year, on my daily driver. I only had a quarter not a penny so you will have to try to figure how much tread I have left by how much of the eagle is hidden.
IMG_20170502_092039.jpg
IMG_20170502_092023.jpg
IMG_20161028_163934.jpg

I don't have any good pics from the side, but at least I got one where I screwed over a prius.

I'm running the sportsman S/R on my coronet. So far so good, I like them better than the BFG's that are on my dart....

20170404_181147.jpg

20170408_140406.jpg

20170422_103051.jpg

20170422_103034.jpg

Thanks guys. Looks like those are the sportsman S/T.

The S/R had a different tread pattern. Following is a link to what I'm looking at.
Sportsman S/R – Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels
Yes mine are S/T , sorry ... not sure why I typed S/R ... I was originally looking at the S/R series because you can pretty much choose any size you like, but I am not a fan of directional tires at all.

Whoa. Those back tires are about twice the width of what I'm looking at. Overall how do they handle/feel?
I was surprised....they feel like a regular tire and handle just fine. I'm sure others will give their opinions.

Treblig

I haven't run them yet but plan to soon I hope.
Fronts are 26"x8"x15
Rears are 28"x12"x15"
71 Dart rear of car is mini tubbed and springs moved in.
There is lots of room inside for more tire, but I didn't realize how much till it was all put together. Live and learn.
sorry only picture I have right now.
IMG_0503.JPG

atonement accepted.
But isn't it usually 12 hale marries for atonement.
So in old school math you owe 11 more daisy duke photos.
Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't run them yet but plan to soon I hope.
Fronts are 26"x8"x15
Rears are 28"x12"x15"
71 Dart rear of car is mini tubbed and springs moved in.
There is lots of room inside for more tire, but I didn't realize how much till it was all put together. Live and learn.
sorry only picture I have right now.
View attachment 1715046177
Sweet. Any chance you have some front and side pictures of this car?

just think how good that would look if they were under the car !!
They would look unbelievable "under" the car. But the car is a survivor with absolutely no rust and I would hate to cut on it (tub it out). I've always loved the 60s street machine look anyway. Evidently everyone around here thinks like me because I get many people taking pics with their phones everywhere I drive. A billion "thumbs up". But yes, it would be wild with the tires under the car.

treblig

They would look unbelievable "under" the car. But the car is a survivor with absolutely no rust and I would hate to cut on it (tub it out). I've always loved the 60s street machine look anyway. Evidently everyone around here thinks like me because I get many people taking pics with their phones everywhere I drive. A billion "thumbs up". But yes, it would be wild with the tires under the car.

treblig
same here about cutting the car up. But had to stiffen it up more than I wanted, to keep it from twisting. Now I wish I`d tubbed it . oh well, maybe the caltracs and 295`s will work. Every thing I`ve done is to keep it streetable - concerning low end power, .

Good evening all,

Attached are a few pictures of the S/R radials on a 72 Demon.

Tires_1.JPG
IMG_1612.JPG
Tires_1.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1614.JPG

sorry, I couldn't find the images with the new front tires.
The tires on the front are almost the same size except for about 1/2" height.
I will get some photos this week when I get back at the car again.
Later,

sorry, I couldn't find the images with the new front tires.
The tires on the front are almost the same size except for about 1/2" height.
I will get some photos this week when I get back at the car again.
Later,
Awesome. Thank you again. I am most curious of the fronts as those seem to vary in size in the a bodies.

Not sure why they went in twice but at least they are there.

72-671-Demon. That is one sweet looking ride you have there. Very nice. Congrats.

-
Back