Might have another Dart

-

patrick66

I like Dart GTS 440s!
Reaction score
A guy called yesterday with a possible trade for a car I'm selling. He has a '70 Dart Swinger. Pretty straight car overall with needs...specifically, a front seat, a couple of small floor patch panels, and lower right quarter replacement. I haven't owned an A-body since 1997, but have owned over 20 A's before that.

I would be looking for mostly interior parts, and a left headlight extension, grille, h/l doors, and front lenses. This is a 225 auto car with AM, heater, drums and power steering. It's in several shades of primer currently, and is yet another triple-green car! Being primarily a B- and C-body guy these days, an A-body would be a welcome addition to my Mopar family. Pics when I pick this up, assuming we come to a deal.

Sounds like a great place to start. I have a 70 Swinger and really enjoy it. When/if you get it, just post some want ads for your needed parts. There's many here that can help.

Sounds like a great place to start. I have a 70 Swinger and really enjoy it. When/if you get it, just post some want ads for your needed parts. There's many here that can help.

Thanks! It's been a while since I've had my butt in an A-body. Hopefully the seller and I work a deal.

Thanks! It's been a while since I've had my butt in an A-body. Hopefully the seller and I work a deal.
Just a tease.
IMG-PHOTO-ART--351888518.jpg

20181022_1527361(2).jpg
Looks like it's a 99.7% done deal! The Dart owner is going to take care of the quarter repair with new sheet metal, sand, prime and seal the whole car in primer, and handle the two small floor patches needed. Since my trade, a Hudson Jet, is worth more right now, the Dart is getting that work done before the trade. The seller is a paint/body guy, that helps.

It's rough-looking now, but is amazingly straight, tight and rust-free overall, other than that right quarter and the two small floor holes. Perfect dash pad. All windows go up/down smoothly. Doors and trunk shut tight and solidly. It does have an exhaust leak at the manifold - not My favorite job on a Slant Six. My thoughts are to get the 225 running well and get the proper front seat found, first off. I'd like to swap a 5.2L from a Dakota, along with the automatic. It'll be a driver, but a nice driver.

Last edited:
If the seller is a paint/body guy maybe you could convince him to throw on a coat of EL5 before sending it over

Not a huge fan of Butterscotch. Besides, with primer or green, it would be fine.

Found a parts '72 locally. Gonna see if its got good quarters and such. Fortunately, the '70 dash is nearly mint.

20181105_172641.jpg

20181105_172715.jpg

Last edited:
The wife's Buick digested its transmission to the tune of $4k and change. No Dart for me for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

-
Back