Mikes 67 Barracuda Convert. Resto.

-

msarni1

Reaction score
I figured I'd start posting my stuff now before I get side tracked and it is too late to start.
This is my first restore so I am winging it. Please yell at me if I am doing something wrong. I can use all the help I can get.
Here is my Project.
67 Barracuda Convertible.
I don't know what I am going to make it into.
Sorry not keeping it stock.
It had a 273 in it, I think I want a 340 or 360 stroker.
67barracuda.jpg

The nice clean engine
1293_1.jpg

IMG_0232.JPG

Starting to strip (the car not me)LOL
I purchased a rotisserie and going to blast it.
Throw some frame connectors on it.
IMG_1604.JPG

The floors were all rusted.
Any one have any Ideas for a fix the back seat under the floor pans are rusted out?
IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

Like I sad any Ideas or help is and will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mikey

I was down to the paint store (automotive) and they have a new glue for body panels. It's said to be better then welding. You might want to try it on some of the non structural pieces. I have a 67 convertible and you'll have a lot of work!! Save and mark everything! Let me know if you need any ideas. I'm in west Jersey..Bob

I got the metal for my 67 from Auto body Specialties. I believe they`re in Connecticut.???? They had most everything in sheet metal. Whatever you can`t find there you will probably have to fabricate yourself. I did get the rear valance from Laysons though, and it was a very nice piece. I look forward to seeing more of your progress.

what is the name of the glue? I know JB weld has a product, I need to patch some small places and would appreciate your help.

You would ask!! I didn't ask, we just talked about it and they really lke it. We have a automotive paint store here (Phillipsburg NJ) and they have been a great help in the past. I bet Eastwood could tell you! If I get a chance this week i"ll stop and ask the guys...

i restored a 67 barracuda convertable and wow was it a long hard journey. I have said at least a hundred times it should have been scraped.I had no idea how bad it was till it was to late, I went out and bought a mig and built a roticery (must have)tackeld each problem one at a time and finaly finished it. Boy it shore feels good listening to that 340 and driving down the road with the top down and everybody double taking when they see it.

P1000147 (Small) (2).JPG

You guys are such an inspiration to me. I sit and look at the 65 barracuda sitting in the drive and dream of the day I will be able to do more than drive up and down the drive. Or perhaps have fresh paint so my wife will look at the fish with a look other than disdain. She keeps asking me to move it further around back out of site.
I love my wife but some women just don't see the dreams I do when I look at this car.
thanks guys.

-
Back