Mike's Dart

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to taking some pictures of my progress, which isnt a whole lot. Just kind of cleaning a few things up and putting on a set of disk brakes. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll have some wheels and tires on this thing and get it sitting how I want. Let me know what yall think and enjoy!

Everything black was sandblasted, hand sanded, primed, and painted with Sparvar semi-flat black. I was really pleased with how this stuff goes on. For the brake booster I used their dull aluminum with 3 coats of clear. I'm planning on doing a black engine with aluminum and not a whole lot of chrome. Hopefully it will all come together.

100_0402.jpg

100_0401.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0405.jpg

100_0403.jpg

100_0406.jpg

Looks good Mike!
Your car would look good with some cop wheels on it!:D

Any idea where I could get some?!!!! I heard theres a guy in PA somewhere!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I cant wait to get this thing on some wheels again.

Well, I finally got the front end all buttoned up, except for having the front end aligned, which can wait. 15x7 cop car rallies (thanks EvilScamp aka Kev.), 225/60-15 BFG Radial T/A's. How do they look? I'm getting ready to pull the rear and install the 8.75, super stock springs, and KYB's.

Frontwheels 001.jpg

Frontwheels 002.jpg

Frontwheels 003.jpg

Frontwheels 004.jpg

frontwheels001uk5.jpg

frontwheels004lj9.jpg

Sorry if it comes out a litttle bright, i dont have the windows/ microsoft stuff anymore as im now using/learning Fedora. it is taking some getting used to thats for sure.

BUT THEY LOOK GOOD ON THERE!!!

Take pictures and notes of any tips/advice you realise when you swap rear ends & springs. I'll be doing the same thing on my Scamp in February and would appreciate the tips. :salute:

I definitely will. I hope to have it done in the next 4 weeks and will keep eneryone updated along the way.

Nice car! Good job on the brakes, your parts and paint turned
out better than new. :burnout:

The Dart is looking nice. I had a gold 71 Swinger about 17 years ago, but mine had the ugly butter colored interior.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. This site has been a huge help along the way so far. Oh, and by the way;

1) Yes, the coffee is never far away (neither is the beer!)

2) The table stays planted to floor much better now thanks to the wing!! LOL

3) I;m very happy with how the wheels turned out- THanks again Kev

-
Back