millidon oil pan install

-

cudaman51

Reaction score
hello every one. i am installing a millidon oil pan 30935 on my 340 in a 69 barracuda. do i have to trim the k member

before you even think about installing it. you might want to put some sort of solvent in it and check it for leaks! I found my pin hole leak in one of the welds. When I called Milodon old man sighed and said oh boy Again?! California laws don't allow them to use solvents to test for leaks. they have to use water and don't catch them all!
you're cut your K frame, bang out the back of it and grind on your high volume oil pump to make it fit over it, you'll bang out the side of it to make the oil pickup set. good Lord have fun I'll never buy one again, all the while hoping it doesn't leak like mine did brand new.View attachment 20150301_173050.jpg

yes, trim it before you install it
trust me, you would hate to try and install it, think it can slide past, rock it back and forth just a little bit, just enough to have the K-member slice through it so that you have to pull the pan, sandblast it, weld it repaint it and try to get it to seal again with the engine mounted in the car

trust me :banghead:

I hope I don't have any problems with mine on my 66 Valiant 360 install, I will check it but the member I bought it from used it and went to a deep pan #-o It is not a deep pan.

-
Back