Milodon Lower Windage Tray

-

Sterling

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Milodon windage tray with the Milodon stud kit after the block has been lined honed ? The customer I am building a engine for brought the Milodon oil pan, and a windage tray and stud kit. The block has been lined honed and has ARP main cap bolts. I already have the short block together, and I don't think if I put the factory main cap bolts on, the windage tray would clear the crankshaft. looks like it would be too close resting one the main bolts like the factory tray does. I don't have a factory tray laying around to check. This is a 1969 340 block with a Scat rotating assembly, 3.58 stroke crank.

I have the Milodon windage tray, pan and pickup. in my 340 stroker, 4" arm. The windage tray kit should have studs and nuts to adjust the height of the tray to the assembly. I have ARP studs also. I had to massage the tray to the pan and clearancing the rods. Also, the tail of the tray , at the rear, has been known to break off from vibration, I reinforced it.

I have a 360 with the Milodon roadrace pan and windage tray. IIRC I used the Milodon bolts with adjustable height tray-studs, as in Post #2. I had no trouble.
Since the 340 factory mainbolts are set up with female threads, I suppose you could use them, with longer tray-bolts and spacers.

The Milodon tray studs are 5/16" if I remember correctly. The stock windage tray stuff is smaller.

-
Back