Milodon op gasket

-

rusty

Reaction score
I pinched the rear rubber on my oil pan gasket and found Milodon has a one piece rubber gasket.Have any of you guys used this and silicone or no silicone? Should I torque it to factory specs?

I pinched the rear rubber on my oil pan gasket and found Milodon has a one piece rubber gasket.Have any of you guys used this and silicone or no silicone? Should I torque it to factory specs?

I've heard of problems with those one piece jobbies?
I use 4 piece milodon and permatexed "right stuff" NO leaks.
NOT a fan of milodon oil pans (another story)

I can't resist - "right stuff" is also good for sealing the pin holes in the factory welds of a brand new Milodon oil pan !

I've already put this engine in once and it leaked out the rear of the pan BAD! Really don't want to do this again,this 360 is in a van,it really sucks pulling a van motor! I've already got the Milodon 1 piece what problems have you heard?

Nothing I can remember, just crap stuck in my head from flipping through the net. No bad personal experiences. Nothing but great experience using "right stuff" on both sides of (almost) everything.
I am a major fan of a non leaking oil pan !

^^^ This may be obvious but you do have the correct 360 pan don't you? with the smaller opening in the back of the pan?

^^^ This may be obvious but you do have the correct 360 pan don't you? with the smaller opening in the back of the pan?

Sorry,not sure what you mean about right pan,I have the one that was on the engine when I took it out of the van and it seem to match up to everything even when I put it on without the gasket.It even clears the Hv oil pump! On my way out to work,check in tomorrow,Thanks,Todd

First, because it was that way when you got it dosnt make it right?
If by chance it's the wrong pan, the front will fit, all the bolt holes will line up, but the rear will have a even half inch gap the gasket won't seal. And thats only if......

Sorry,not sure what you mean about right pan,I have the one that was on the engine when I took it out of the van and it seem to match up to everything even when I put it on without the gasket.It even clears the Hv oil pump! On my way out to work,check in tomorrow,Thanks,Todd

just curious, is this a center sump or rear sump oil pan ?
if im not mistaking the vans used a rear sump oil pan and the cars use a centersump so it may need to be replaced

the reason J-Par asked about the "right" oil pan is because the 318 and the 340 pans interchange, but the 360 will only work on a 360

I have a one piece. Works great on my Milodon roadrace pan. A smidgeon of RTV on the corners,as usual,is all I did.My gasket had torque-limiter inserts.I think its on its 3rd life. The last install was about 10 years ago.
If you use the RightStuff,it will make that reuseable gasket, a 1-time gasket. That goop is almost impossible to get off the gasket without cutting it up. But it will really,really,really seal.

I have a one piece. Works great on my Milodon roadrace pan. A smidgeon of RTV on the corners,as usual,is all I did.My gasket had torque-limiter inserts.I think its on its 3rd life. The last install was about 10 years ago.
If you use the RightStuff,it will make that reuseable gasket, a 1-time gasket. That goop is almost impossible to get off the gasket without cutting it up. But it will really,really,really seal.

Agreed x 2 , I put Right stuff on both sides of the gasket and extra in the corners and when I went to take that pan off - I think I could have took the bolts out and drove it for ten years and never leaked a drop ! LOL
It was a pain to get the pan off and a lot of work to get the block scraped, and I put it right back that way because I really, really, really wanted it to seal and not worry about it. So far so good :D

lol! I had a really, really, really good giggle right there.

I'm not joking I had to actually make a special chisel to get that :cussing: oil pan off trust me I'm not one to go to cussing quickly but I had quite a few choice words before it came off!

What engine are you dealing with? I ask because a couple yrs. ago I bought a Milodon 1 piece gasket that said it fit a 360 LA and it didn't. The front section was shaped wrong. I think the listing was wrong and it would fit a 360 magnum cause they have a different pan at the front

Ok,I understand that being on there when I got it doesn't make it right but it looks to fit well and it is a rear sump like the other van I looked at.It is a 360LA and the one piece gasket lines up with all the bolt holes.It is on and back in the van so I hope it is all good because that was a pain in the A$$,thanks for all the comments!,Thanks Todd

First I really hope you don't have to do it again because I have and it SUCKS !!
The bolt holes will line up either way, and the pan will go on just fine. BUT if it's by chance a 318 or 340 pan on a 360 you'll find out soon enough because it will leak out the back REAL BAD.
again I hope this is NOT the case.

I just installed one today on my 360 magnum with LA center sump Oil pan. Milidon also....
Needed a little massaging but all in all nice fit

First I really hope you don't have to do it again because I have and it SUCKS !!
The bolt holes will line up either way, and the pan will go on just fine. BUT if it's by chance a 318 or 340 pan on a 360 you'll find out soon enough because it will leak out the back REAL BAD.
again I hope this is NOT the case.

This is the second time in 3 weeks on this! I am pretty sure its the right pan it wasn't bad before,just a drip now and then,crossing my fingers on this one! Thanks again for the info on this,Todd

-
Back