min clearance for headers and PS pump

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
I got the TTI headers installed and the clearance between the header and power steering pump is about 1/4". Is this acceptable? When I get on it which way will the engine want to twist? Should I put a spacer under the mount?

Put a torque rod or strap on it.Mancini has them or just make one that will keep that monster from moving around,Kevin.

Power steering pump is fastened to the engine. The headers & the pump won't move relative to each other when the engine moves. Do you mean the steering box? The left side of the motor will lift & the motor will move away from the steering box when the motor revs. Torque strap is a good idea though.

Power steering pump is fastened to the engine. The headers & the pump won't move relative to each other when the engine moves. Do you mean the steering box? The left side of the motor will lift & the motor will move away from the steering box when the motor revs. Torque strap is a good idea though.
Yes, I did mean the ps box, I just looked at some straps and they look like a good idea. Thanks to both above.

well, i just installed the dougs on my 340 in a duster, and lucky i went with the solid m.m, as the header is 1/4 inch away from the torsion bar!

I but my motor in last week and with all bolted down my header touches the steering box. My motor is sitting dead nuts centered on the k frame, time to re- adjust and shim.
View attachment 58.jpg

Kenny

I had the same problem. When idling the headers would slightly hit the steering box. I slotted the two upper bolt holes on the steering box. It tilted the box over another 1/4 in. I didn't slot the lower bolt hole. Solved my problem.

-
Back