Mini Starter - Which to buy for my A Body

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to install a mini starter on my 69 340 4 speed Barracuda. It will use stock manifolds and TTI 2.5 exhaust. Is there a mini starter from a truck or car that will retain the stock battery cable connections? If so what year and vehicle would I order for? On the stock cables the large and small connectors are joined together with a plastic/rubber divider.

Thanks

I have used one off a 1993 Dakota 3.9, Works just like stock

I bought a RobbMC unit. Pricey - but really nice! I did have to grind out the bottom mounting hole a little to get my bolt to thread to catch and bore out my cable ring with a round file a little to fit around the larger screw the starter came with but it cranks like a banshee.

I also use a late model starter..about half the size and half the weight of the factory unit.

pick an pull junkyard units here. 1/2 price day I load up at $13 each.

I grab them off late model vans, dakotas, etc.

Go to a junkyard and look under any late model Chrysler car. If it has a
"Mini starter" grab it, it will fit. 273,318,340,360,383,440, fits em all.

Last one cost me $12.00.
You will have to do a little working of the connections as mentioned, simple stuff.

Good luck !!!!

Go to a junkyard and look under any late model Chrysler car. If it has a
"Mini starter" grab it, it will fit. 273,318,340,360,383,440, fits em all.

Last one cost me $12.00.
You will have to do a little working of the connections as mentioned, simple stuff.

Good luck !!!!

But what about /6?:dontknow: do they have a mini for them.=D>
I wish they did!!! Just thout I woulkd ask if anyone knew,

Thanks Mike

What in the world is wrong with me?
How can I forget the Slant?
Yes they even fit the Mighty Leaning tower of power !!!!!!!

Look close.

faucet pics 249.jpg

What in the world is wrong with me?
How can I forget the Slant?
Yes they even fit the Mighty Leaning tower of power !!!!!!!

Look close.

NO!!! Do they really I am on my way ti the /6 thread posting.
To cool.:cheers:

i remember the first time i saw a slant, i thought "what the hell is wrong with this? you can see the starter just by opening the hood?"

i think i got one that is supposed to go on a dakota, put the rebuilt engine in and couldn't get the old starter in between the headers and block and decided i wanted a smaller starter, and a new starter for reliability purposes since it's an automatic.

-
Back