Mini tub rear seat back mod

-

72BBSwinger

Reaction score
Here is what I did on my rear seat back to clear the mini tub here is stock.....

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,494
  • 037.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,320
Here is after measuring 4 1/2" on each side cutting the 2 pieces of seat frame and then flipping and swapping sides with them. I know im not the first one to do this but thought some guys would like some pics......

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,239
  • 039.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,175
My seats fit right in on all I have done . I don't know why you would modify the seat when a alittle work with a hammer and dolly allows perfect fit

My seats fit right in on all I have done . I don't know why you would modify the seat when a alittle work with a hammer and dolly allows perfect fit

Agreed.

I relocated the springs 3.5" (from 43" center to center perches to 36" center to center perches) on my '71 Demon and moved the tubs in to match it, and the rear seat dropped right into the car with a little massage work on the tubs.

On mine I just heated them a little bit and used a piece of scrap exhaust pipe as a "roller" to create a small preformed style indentation to clear the seat

Pretty sure Demons and Dusters dont have much of a problem. My car I would've needed a 2" deep dent in the wheelhouse. Plus its not like the seat couldnt be used in a non-tubbed after modding either. And not only that I could have this done in about half the time I bet it would take you guys to get your hammer dolley test fit hammer dolly test fit done........

Pretty sure Demons and Dusters dont have much of a problem. My car I would've needed a 2" deep dent in the wheelhouse. Plus its not like the seat couldnt be used in a non-tubbed after modding either. And not only that I could have this done in about half the time I bet it would take you guys to get your hammer dolley test fit hammer dolly test fit done........

Thank you for posting this! Even though a little old but very useful for my situation right now. I have the same problem with the seat frame hitting the tub. I too would have had to beat the crap out of the tub to make it work. I think I milsocated my tub too far forward though and I was freaking out about it. This is a solution that I think will work (fingers crossed).

I'm not quite understandin this mod here. Are there any other pics or another way of explaining this? I must be that dumb today...:sign3:

This may help you visualize what's going on.

Before

After

I see now,but it looks like its still impacting the tub? Is a little more "massaging" with a hammer and dolly necessary?

I'm also trying to visualize cutting that metals, flipping and rotating as stated earlier.. Again,:sign3:

I see now,but it looks like its still impacting the tub? Is a little more "massaging" with a hammer and dolly necessary?

There was already a small recess right there where it looks like it hits so no massaging necessary in my case.

So what about mini tub with a factory fold down rear seat in the duster/dart sport?

-
Back