Mini tubb on 65 dart gt convertible progress

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Well got one side done finally!!!!!!! Seems like i never have time to get this damn thing done!! Still have to do the body work then linex everything. Its gettin there

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 011.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 309
One way to make it lighter for drag racing! Ha

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 323
  • 008.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 009.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 316
My wife loves it when i turn the shower black!

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 328
  • 013.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 335
looking good, hoping i dont regret not moving mine in when i get that far.
but my 66 is going to be a cruiser.

Looking good, just a little tip, you do not have to weld everything solid, just some evenly spaced spotwelds will do the trick, that's how the factory did it......

Yea the only beads I was running was on the filler pieces and the top and trunk brackets. Those tubs have to be really stout because the top brackets that weld to the tubs have the spring that has holds tension on the top and all that leverage is on the tubs. Didn't effect the top function so that's a relief

Ulf I'm going to stuff the biggest meats I can on her! The trick is going to be what offset the wheels I'm getting are available in. I may have to shorten the axle tubes to get the look I want. I'm hoping 325's with a 17" wheel. Ive got my eye on the halibrands

Yea the only beads I was running was on the filler pieces and the top and trunk brackets. Those tubs have to be really stout because the top brackets that weld to the tubs have the spring that has holds tension on the top and all that leverage is on the tubs. Didn't effect the top function so that's a relief

I was surprised at how much more bracing there is in there on a convertible...........makes me glad I did a hard top.
Nice work.
As for tires , I just posted in another thread , but I got 295/55-15 M/T drag radials under mine and I don't see a whole lot more fitting with out a full back half job unless you want to open up the wheel well and shave the lip on the inside , and then the added clearance wouldn't be that great.
This is gonna be a cool car for sure !

Looking good, just a little tip, you do not have to weld everything solid, just some evenly spaced spotwelds will do the trick, that's how the factory did it......

Kind of - sort of.
But you are replacing a solid piece that was also formed which adds stiffness to it.
I did a full weld on mine.
I also welded the front sub frame in spots to make it more rigid because I will be taxing the structure a lot more than the factory engineers ever foresaw.
I couldn't tell from the pics , but on my deal , I used six to ten inch strips and butt welded them where they met rather than trying to graft one long piece in there , and that made life a lot easier when going around the radius of the wheel well.

Attachments

• Cutting 024.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 217
  • mini tub II 003.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 215
-
Back