Minimum work to roll

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Need to get my Duster mobile. Currently I have no shocks (sold them....duh!). I have one A arm I just painted, need to put new ball joint into that, other A arm is attached to new ball joint. I don't think I HAVE to put shocks on it, just bolt up the A arms, install torsion bars, wheel bearings, rotors, correct? Right now I don't have much time to work on it much, getting house ready to sell, maybe as early as May. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I realize I will be tearing some stuff apart down the line for undercoating fenderwells etc.

It'll be on the bump stops possibly but could roll it around.

It'll be on the bump stops possibly but could roll it around.

That would work, I guess I can put blocks under it when it's in storage. Not sure how long that will be, property only partially developed, unsure when we'll build shop. Uncertain times, I appreciate the response!

Just snug up the torsion bars and your in business with the above mentioned.

Just snug up the torsion bars and your in business with the above mentioned.

Thanks, are you saying run the adjusters for a taller ride height? That's "in" correct? Sorry, as long as I've owned this duster, it's my first mopar and I haven't worked on it enough.

Thanks, are you saying run the adjusters for a taller ride height? That's "in" correct? Sorry, as long as I've owned this duster, it's my first mopar and I haven't worked on it enough.

I think he means run them back up to normal once the torsion bars are in.
Not having shocks on it will just make it bouncy in the front, but it won't stop you from rolling and steering.

Yes in just to move it around steering is usually a plus also but have kicked tires in my past!

Build some dollies and bolt them to the bumper bracket lications

Build some dollies and bolt them to the bumper bracket lications
Yep, It's what I did.

misc 6-8-15 065.JPG

I bolted on some angle iron to give it some rigidity and to have something to tie down to when it gets trailered to the paint booth.

duster 7-31-17 001.JPG

As luck would have it, A 72 Duster has the same bumper bolt spacing front and rear.

duster 5-28-16 002.JPG

-
Back