Minivans are the ideal vehicle, except when they are not

-

JDCLE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I would be working on my 1966 Valiant but my 2010 Dodge Caravan with many, many miles decided that it needed a new radiator, hoses, etc. A hairline crack in the plastic parts. I was going to use KSeal but this van will be going to my son who is serving in the US Coast Guard. He’ll be at a small boat station and will be able to have a vehicle, I don’t want him having the problem.

To the thread title! Seven passenger, holds a FULL 4x8 sheet of whatever, drives like a large Cadillac if it had new shocks and struts (which mine does thanks to a broken strut spring). In the pic below with the pickup - which of these two vehicles carries seven people or full sheets of drywall???? Yup, the minivan.

Rock Auto can’t shop fast enough, I want to get back to the Valiant!!!

IMG_2149.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

IMG_2153.jpeg

I also have a 7 passenger van Don’t know about your insurance company, but to pay for insurance for 7 passengers is really expensive here. My van now holds 3 passengers and insured like a 1/2 ton way cheaper.

I have an 05 Caravan 3.3L that I use to bomb around town and run errands in. I'm the second owner of it and unfortunately it's getting a little long in the tooth, I may have to retire it.

I had a 99 plymouth voyager i loved that thing used it just like a truck. The seats would come out and had the whole back open. It was pretty cool. i hauled plywood, firewood, deer, square bales you name it in it. Then put the seats back in it and haul the kids around!

I also have a 7 passenger van Don’t know about your insurance company, but to pay for insurance for 7 passengers is really expensive here. My van now holds 3 passengers and insured like a 1/2 ton way cheaper.
I need to look at that, I don’t think it’s more expensive than my other beaters but it could be!

Amazing, I got the Rock Auto order on a Sunday, the Gates hoses are made in the US, bonus! I ordered the wrong cross over pipe, so I grabbed it from AutoZone and will chip away at it tonight. And while I was at it, I pulled the oil pan to fix a nagging oil leak. That was fun…

On my second, a 2016, which surprised my wife lol. Nothing better than cracking open the Hatch at the local improvement store in the "pro" parking, pushing the cart up to it and sliding off half a dozen sheets of plywood, a stack of 10' 2x6es, doors etc. and closing the door. Especially next to someone lifting the same over their six foot high truck tailgate .

Even as a secure, weatherproof motor hauler.

IMG_1192.JPG

I have a 2012 Town and Country with the "Stow and Go" seating ABSOLUTLEY Love it as a second truck. Great grocery getter too!!!

On my second, a 2016, which surprised my wife lol. Nothing better than cracking open the Hatch at the local improvement store in the "pro" parking, pushing the cart up to it and sliding off half a dozen sheets of plywood, a stack of 10' 2x6es, doors etc. and closing the door. Especially next to someone lifting the same over their six foot high truck tailgate .

View attachment 1716260796

Nice, I've hauled gen II hemi engines in mine.

Yessssssssss

Looks somewhat familiar. I'm into old jukeboxes, and when I buy one out in...oh, Georgia or Arizona, I rent a Caravan out at the airport and then use it as both my hotel and my shipping container. Most of the time I can shove the jukebox over to one side, which leaves enough room for an air mattress on the other.

And with unlimited miles on the rental, why not? Beats putting miles on any of my vehicles.

-
Back