Minnesota new member (70 Swinger)

-

StPaulSwinger

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been lurking/reading this site for a little while now while doing research to figure out what I wanted to do for my first "real" project car. Yesterday I took the plunge and bought a 1970 Dart Swinger. Slant six, 65k miles, three owner, avocado green inside (partially green outside too, partially rattle can black) and about as complete/original as possible or could be hoped for, especially for only $1500. Also was lucky enough to get an extra tranny (I believe for a 66 Fury), wider rims, tires, pair of swing arms, and a few other odds and ends from a great seller.

So now that means I have to get serious about doing some planning. Definitely will need to redo the brakes (hasn't seen the road in a number of years) so thinking about going to discs upfront. Also looking into some suspension upgrades. Finally, weighing options for a heart transplant (the slant is, at a minimum, in need of a rebuild but might just take the opportunity for a replacement) just not sure if a more "period" V8 or go to a Magnum etc.

Looking forward to learning a lot and asking a lot of questions that you'll likely find really obvious.

Thanks!

Swinger.jpg

Swinger2.jpg

Welcome to FABO. Your Swinger looks like a great car and a great place to start in the Mopar hobby. I see you're from St Paul. You know, next weekend is Mopars in the Park at Farmington. There will be a bunch of us there. Stop on buy and introduce yourself. Hope to see you. toolmanmike

Midwest Mopars in the Park - Farmington Mn.

Welcome to FABO. Your Swinger looks like a great car and a great place to start in the Mopar hobby. I see you're from St Paul. You know, next weekend is Mopars in the Park at Farmington. There will be a bunch of us there. Stop on buy and introduce yourself. Hope to see you. toolmanmike

Midwest Mopars in the Park - Farmington Mn.
Thanks! I would love to come out to this but I'll be out of the country (bahhh...timing sucks but this car suddenly popped up for sale). But any other events I'll absolutely make it out and hope to meet people.

Hello from Blue Earth, just north of Iowa! Bummer you won't be able to attend the show in Farmington, you'll just have to go next year.

Hello and welcome aboard :) I made the trip to Mopars in the Park at Farmington and I live in Northeast Arkansas, I would do it again but drive next time.:steering::steering:
Looking forward to your post's and restoration thread :thumbsup:

-
Back