mirror glass removeable?

-

cudacrazy67

Reaction score
drivers side door mirror glass. any tricks to get the glass out to replace it. i have some others here im going to get the glass out off to replace it so smashing it is not an option.thanks on any input. mike.

I have successfully reused a mirror glass but I destroyed Everything else about that mirror. The adhesive they used there must be the same stuff that holds the decorative fins on Commando valve covers. Some have said heat helps release but a heat gun didn't help me
I've tryed to cut them off with a piano wire too.
More trouble than its worth mate.

If it is like mine, the twin post style, the mirror is held in place against an inner snap ring by spring pressure. All you have to do is push in on the mirror and take a pair of small needle nose pliers and pull the snap ring out.

its not the twin post style. its one from an a body. 67 and newer. they used these mirrors on b bodies also. single post mirror. any help is appreciated. thanks,mike.

We generally just be VERY careful and remove the old glass without removing the mirror itself from the car. We don't pry to hard or we will be buying a new mirror. Sooo pick out the old, make sure its clean, prime the mirror holder with urethane primer, cut a new mirror to fit (or order one), prime the back of the mirror with etching primer, apply urethane to backside of mirror, apply mirror to mirror holder.

-
Back