Misc. 360 questions

-

SassyGrass71

Reaction score
Ian and I went through all the engine parts today and found we were short a FEW things. :banghead: We bought the engine fully disassembled with all machine work done. Now I find a few little things missing.

First off, its a '73 360.

I have included pics of the 360 exhaust manifolds I would like to use, they appear to have better flow than the stock 318 manifolds. Question is, are they car or truck, and will they clear everything in the engine compartment? Also, if I order a dual exhaust kit for a 1974 Duster with a 360, will the exhaust kit fit the manifolds or should I just have custom exhaust ran?

Are 360 head bolts the same as 318?

Are 360 push rods the same as 318?

Are 360 rocker arm assemblies the same as 318?

Thanks for all the help in advance !

Sam & Ian

Attachments

• shop stuff 009.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 123
  • shop stuff 010.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 132
they r car manifolds and yes they r better than the 318 ones, all valvetrain will work and yes the the head bolts fit aswell. the exhaust i'm not sure about. they r not the hipo manifolds .

First question: The manifolds might fit if you have manual steering but it might still need a little grinding on the driver side. You can wait to put them on until after the engine is in the car and see how they fit.

As far as those parts being the same, YES that's true for all of them. Pushrods, head bolts, and rocker assemblies swap between the two engines.

The one "big thing" (besides rotating parts) that will not interchange between a 360LA and all other LA engines, is the oil pan

Thanks for all the help everyone. :prayer:

I have the original 318 that came in the 71, as well as a 73 318. I will rob the bolts and rocker assemblies from one of those.

MOPEkidD-3, it is a manual steering car so I am hoping everything clears.

67Dart273, got the correct oil pan, thanks.

-
Back