Misc. '71 Duster parts

-

SassyGrass71

Reaction score
Hey everyone, trying to find a few parts for Ians Duster a little closer to home.

1) driver front fender trade. My '72 for your '71 complete with marker light, or if you have a rusted out or mangled front fender that the marker light area can be cut out, I can weld it into my '72 fender.

2) paintable (not chrome) gas cap.

3) small rectangular v-eight emblem that goes on the front of the front fender.

4) small pentagon (make that PENTASTAR....woke up at 1:30am,sat straight up in bed and said "You IDIOT !! Its PENTASTAR !!) emblem that goes behind front wheel.

I will update this thread as I run across anything else that is needed.

Thanks,
Sam & Ian

You can get the plastic pentastar for the passenger fender from Classic Industries for 7.99 plus shipping.

Thanks for the info on the pentastar !!

We also just received the patch panel and marker light for the front fender from yet another FABO member. :)

I thought only 70 dusters had the small v8 tag on front fender? Does anyone have a factory 71 with a v8 tag because I am not sure.

I thought only 70 dusters had the small v8 tag on front fender? Does anyone have a factory 71 with a v8 tag because I am not sure.

When we were researching pics of 71 Dusters, we noticed that the V8 equipped cars that are not factory 340 or Twister packages had the small V8 tag.

Yes a relative has a one owner 71 with the emblem

Like these, rear pins are a little short, but I put some barrel clips on them. Should work fine, 20.00 shipped, let me know. Dave

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 360
  • 030.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 353
We really made some progress this weekend, and of course found a couple other items that we need. Here are some additions to the list.

Drivers inside door handle and armrest assembly like the one pictured (except that one is the passenger side)

Drivers side windshield molding. Ours has a pretty good sized dent in it.

Thanks again everyone.

Attachments

• Duster 008 (2).jpg
    106 KB · Views: 299
  • Duster 006 (2).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 308
Yes, and yes. Dave

Cool, thanks Dave. Will get $40 off to you on Wed.

Ok, couple more interior parts. Before trying to find new ones I thought I would see if anybody had a pair of standard, black door panels in nice shape. No tears or anything. Our rear set is in great shape. Just need the front. Also, the padded dash in black. Good used, no cracks, with all hardware. This one is completely gone.

Oh, and does anybody make a kit for re-doing the woodgrain on the dash. Somebody rattlecanned the whole thing.

Attachments

• Duster 009 (2).jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 278
Need one more very important part. A driveline with yoke and rear u-joint bolts. This has a 7.25 rear end and floor shift three spd.

TIA,
Sam

-
Back