Misplaced unnamed brake parts lol

-

Kernel Sanders

eating chicken wings and drinking beer
Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question... because I misplaced em

Here is a picture diagram of the brake parts circled I have misplaced and for the life of me do not know what they would be called. They are the 2 bits that sit in the piston of the wheel cylinder and are forked to press outward on the shoes.

Looks like it might say "Shoe Links" but I could be seeing what I wanna see?

Anyway, has anyone had to go find these somewhere other than the boneyard? The ones I need are for 11" x 2.5" brakes from a newport (rear has been shortened for my Dart to replace the howling 7.25)

Thank you

0900823d801a86cb.jpg

Those are the pins for the wheel cylinder.....junk yard ?

Ask for "the little rods that come out of the cylinder, and contact the brake shoes"

Advance Auto Parts website shows them as Wheel Cylinder Pins, USA Brake part number 1414. I used a '72 Chrysler Newport with a 440 as the search vehicle. Rock Auto nor Autozone had a listing for this part so they may not be that easy to find. Hope this helps.

They will come with the wheel cylinders if you buy them. They're not all that expensive.

BTW, your avatar cracks me up every time I see it, lol.

They will come with the wheel cylinders if you buy them. They're not all that expensive.

BTW, your avatar cracks me up every time I see it, lol.

The avatar is a hoot......I think :scratch:

Have not seen those pins included w/ a wheel cylinder in my experience?

they didnt come with my wheel cylinders. ive got some maybe. i think thetre all the same how many do you need. i always called them actuator rods

The avatar is a hoot......I think :scratch:

lol!

they didnt come with my wheel cylinders. ive got some maybe. i think thetre all the same how many do you need. i always called them actuator rods

6pk and daredevil,

They did come with the rear slave cylinders for the Ramcharger but they were new, not rebuilt. Maybe I just got lucky? The Kernel could always just ask for new and rebuilt at the parts store and open the box maybe?

Edit: Found this under brake hardware: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=LEE&MfrPartNumber=14142 :)

PERFECT!

I want to thank you all very much! You guys are the best man!

I wanted to also say I'm glad you get as much of a kick outta my avitar as I do. I fell off my chair when I first found it years ago... just on the edge of being "just wrong" LOL (I also mean no disrespect nor to offend enyone... just funny is all:toothy10:)

Troy

Thank you very much DartMike for the offer, I just found some though over at the local UAP for a couple bucks each new.

You guys all rawk!

-
Back